National & regional news
UPDATE: Gospel Oak to Barking line freight derailment (Friday 7 February)
Work to repair the damage caused by a derailed freight wagon on the Gospel Oak to Barking line (on Thursday 23 January) is progressing well and the timescale for completion of the work is expected to be confirmed next week.
Storm Ciara: Severe disruption expected across South - please check before you travel
Severe disruption is expected across Network Rail Southern Region on Sunday, as Storm Ciara blows in with 80mph winds.
Storm Ciara update: ‘Only travel by train this Sunday if absolutely necessary’
- As storm approaches, train companies and Network Rail agree stronger travel advice for passengers between Euston & Carlisle
- Major travel disruption is expected with 80mph winds forecast
- 50mph precautionary speed limit for trains this Sunday
- Ensuring the safety of passengers and railway staff is the priority
Passengers in the East Midlands urged to check before they travel this weekend as Storm Ciara brings severe weather
Network Rail and train operators across the East Midlands are urging passengers to check their individual journeys before they travel on Sunday, 9 February, as severe weather is forecast, including winds of up to 80mph.
Greenock bridge refurbishment progressing well
Work to refurbish the railway bridge over the B788 at Dellingburn Street in Greenock is progressing well and will be complete by the end of March 2020.
Passengers in Yorkshire and the North East urged to check before they travel this weekend as Storm Ciara brings severe weather
Network Rail and train operators in Yorkshire and the North East are urging passengers to check their individual journeys before they travel on Sunday, 9 February, as severe weather is forecast, including winds of up to 80mph.
Storm Ciara: Rail passengers advised to check before they travel this weekend
Network Rail and train operators are advising passengers to check their journeys this weekend, with Storm Ciara expected to bring winds of up to 80mph across Britain.
Passengers advised to plan ahead this Easter with Guildford area set for 10 days of improvement work
- All lines in the Guildford area will be affected by improvement work between Friday 10 and Sunday 19 April 2020
- A limited South Western Railway (SWR) service will operate between London Waterloo and Guildford via Cobham & Stoke D’ Abernon from Tuesday 14 to Sunday 19 April
- Great Western Railway (GWR) services between Reading, Guildford and Gatwick Airport will be affected
- CrossCountry services between Newcastle and Guildford will be affected
- Southern passengers for Guildford will need to change at Epsom for onward SWR services
Results 49 - 56 out of 9611