- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
National & regional news
Transpennine Route Upgrade set to commence revamp of Huddersfield Station
From the end of November, Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) will commence major upgrades at Huddersfield station, bringing passengers one step closer to a sleek, modern and more accessible station.
Commuters look forward to more reliable services as first passenger trains run to City of London using digital signalling
- Trains run more efficiently because system allows drivers to ‘see’ much further ahead
- Significant milestone for the £1.4bn government-funded East Coast Digital Programme
Railway open for business over Christmas and New Year period but passengers urged to plan ahead
- More than 96% of the rail network will be open for ‘business as usual’ over the Christmas and New Year period
- While significant investment is being made in projects across the country, the £127m programme is a ‘lighter’ package of work than recent years
- Most journeys will be unaffected by engineering work but some lines are impacted, so passengers should plan ahead and check their journey details
Multi-million-pound upgrade work completed at Billingham station
A multi-million-pound programme of upgrades to Billingham station has been completed delivering improvements to passengers’ journeys.
New station on track for Balgray
Network Rail has appointed Story Contracting Ltd to design a new railway station on the Neilston line in the area south of Barrhead.
Network Rail and DB Cargo colleagues scoop prestigious fundraising award
Colleagues from Network Rail and DB Cargo have been presented with a Heart of Gold award recognising their mammoth fundraising efforts for Yorkshire-based charity, Martin House Children’s Hospice, totalling a quarter-of-a-million pounds.
Monkey business! Lost toddler’s toy returned after 600-mile rail adventure
A mother has thanked railway staff after her three-year-old’s cuddly toy monkey was lost and ended up on a 600-mile railway adventure even Paddington Bear would be proud of.
Network Rail awards contracts for East Kilbride Enhancement Project
Network Rail has announced the awarding of £61.5m worth of contracts for the delivery of the East Kilbride Enhancement Project.
Results 41 - 48 out of 13017