- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
National & regional news
Rail safety warning issued as 2020 revealed to be worse summer in five years for trespass
- As lockdown eased earlier this year, trespass incidents on the railway increased
- More than 5,000 trespass incidents recorded between June and September 2020
- September 2020 was the worst September in five years, seeing a 17% increase on same time last year
Emergency railway works between Ely and Peterborough reach halfway point
Network Rail are continuing to replace wheel timbers in most urgent need of replacement across four bridges in the vicinity of Manea, between Ely and Peterborough.
REMINDER: Nine-day rail improvement works on the East Suffolk Line starts this weekend
Worn out track is planned to be renewed during a nine-day closure of the East Suffolk line to improve reliability and provide passengers with an improved journey experience.
New longer platform for St James Park station and better railway journey to Exmouth
Network Rail will be extending the platforms at St James Park and Lympstone Commando as well as improving track between Exeter and Exmouth over half term week 25 – 30 October
Exhibition opens into race relations railwayman’s fight for workplace equality
An exhibition has opened for passengers at London Euston explaining the fight of a pioneer for race equality who overturned a racist recruitment policy at the station in the 1960s.
Track repairs under way at Stonehaven
The latest stage in extensive recovery and reinstatement works has begun following the Stonehaven derailment on August 12.
Channel 4 and Nationwide Building Society partner with Co-op and Network Rail to highlight shocking abuse suffered by UK customer facing staff
- Customer facing staff working in the UK experience over 400 abuse incidents every day and rising [i]
- 43% of shop workers say they have been threatened with physical violence. 1 in 5 mention the use of a knife [ii]
- 70% of front line rail staff have experienced workplace violence in the last 12 months [iii]
Rail industry in Wales investing in new technology for autumn
Network Rail and Transport for Wales are using creative new technology and innovation to help keep rail services running this autumn.
Results 41 - 48 out of 10298