- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Scotland’s Railway: Scotland news
No battle over Killiecrankie fencing renewal
Network Rail has completed work at Killiecrankie to improve lineside fencing over a distance of more than a kilometre.
Network Rail shares insights into managing its lineside environment
Network Rail Scotland recently gave stakeholders the chance to learn first-hand how they safely manage vegetation around the railway.
Glasgow Central and Edinburgh Waverley to close early Saturday
- Passengers advised not to get caught out by reduced Saturday service due to RMT strike
- Many routes will have no trains at all - those which will run will close early evening
Glasgow school pupils learn more about Scotland’s railway
Pupils from St Roch’s Primary and Deaf School, Royston, recently visited Network Rail’s Glasgow Maintenance Delivery Unit (MDU), to learn more about the industry as part of a community partnership.
The start of a tree-iffic relationship
Two of Scotland’s largest landowners are seeking ways to work closer together where public forestry and land is adjacent to the country’s rail network.
Passengers encouraged to top up from the station tap on World Refill Day
Passengers travelling through two of Scotland’s busiest railway stations are being encouraged to top up with Scottish tap water as part of a global campaign to prevent plastic pollution.
Forth Bridge picnic area ‘blooming lovely’
Network Rail and Balfour Beatty teamed up with North Queensferry Primary School to plant flowers and a tree by the Forth Bridge.
Railway prepares for network-wide RMT strike
- Infrastructure operator Network Rail Scotland and train companies are working closely to run as many services as possible during industrial action.
- Strikes will affect Network Rail operations and train services across Britain on 21, 23 and 25 June, causing significant disruption for customers.
- Customers can find more information on which routes in Scotland will be open on this page.
Results 1 - 8 out of 1146