- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Scotland’s Railway: Scotland news
Inverness line to reopen for passengers and freight services
RAIL services between Perth and Inverness will be reinstated from tomorrow morning (Thursday). The railway line has been closed near Dalwhinnie since Saturday following the derailment of two rear vehicles on an overnight rail operations test train.
Customer update: Largs line to reopen on Saturday
The Largs line will fully reopen for passengers on Saturday (March 27) following the successful completion of work to repair landslip-damaged tracks near Fairlie.
Night-time engineering works for Glasgow’s south side
Engineers will soon be working overnight at locations between Kennishead and Crossmyloof to install foundations for electrification masts.
Reston Station construction is underway
Work is now underway to build the new Reston station in the Scottish Borders.
A sign of things to come at Leven
Network Rail is advising people who are using the disused Leven railway corridor to ‘be aware’ as activity increases ahead of work to reinstate the line.
World-class experts help Network Rail tackle challenge of extreme weather resilience
- Detailed reports from taskforces led by renowned specialists Lord Robert Mair and Dame Julia Slingo, commissioned by Network Rail following the Stonehaven tragedy, published today.
- Reviews offer independent assessment of current practice and expert guidance on how to improve railway safety and performance as climate changes.
Apply for Network Rail’s apprenticeship programme today
Network Rail’s industry-leading engineering apprenticeship programme is now open with roles available in Inverness and Helmsdale.
Customer update: Service alterations for Highland and West Coast rail routes
Scotland’s Railway will be withdrawing services on some routes on Tuesday while high winds and extreme rainfall sweeps across the country.
Results 1 - 8 out of 987