- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Eastern: North & East news
£1million Signed Off To Upgrade Billingham Station Access
Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen has signed off a £1million investment to significantly improve disability access at Billingham railway station.
Network Rail invites people to have their say on plans to close Copmanthorpe level crossing
Network Rail is asking people in Copmanthorpe to give their feedback on plans to fully close a footpath level crossing and provide an alternative safe access over the railway.
Network Rail completes major bridge improvements so freight can keep Drax Power Station running
- Network Rail successfully completes work to repair and strengthen Aire Bridge, North Yorkshire – a key route for freight services to Drax Power Station
- During the 10-day blockade, work took place to install a new waterproofing system, strengthen the steelwork and renew over 100m of track
- Network Rail is thanking local residents and industry partners for their patience while this essential work was carried out
Upgrades beneath the track at Leeds station as part of major remodelling project
- Major work continues at Leeds Station as part of a project to remodel the track layout between platforms 4 and 6
- Latest stage includes building a chamber underneath the track between platforms 3 and 4 to make space for new signalling cables
- Improvements will bring more reliable services for passengers and reduce the impact of unplanned disruption on the railway
- Changes to services before 11:45 on Sunday 19 September, Sunday 26 September, Sunday 3 October and Sunday 10 October – passengers advised to plan ahead
Network Rail prepares to install new accessible footbridge at Suggitt’s Lane
Major work will take place later this month on a project to install a new accessible footbridge over the railway at Suggitt’s Lane in Cleethorpes - which will connect people in the seaside town with the beachfront.
Last week to have your say on Tram Train stop and Park & Ride plans
People are being reminded to have their say on proposals for a new Tram Train stop and Park & Ride in Templeborough, Rotherham, before a public consultation on the scheme closes on Friday 3 September 2021.
Progress towards step-free access at Thirsk station
Network Rail, North Yorkshire County Council and TransPennine Express are continuing to make progress on plans for a major project to improve accessibility for passengers at Thirsk station.
Network Rail upgrades track in North Yorkshire over August Bank Holiday weekend – vast majority of services continue as railway welcomes passengers back
- Essential work between Whitley Bridge and Snaith in North Yorkshire will bring smoother, more reliable journeys
- Work is planned to minimise disruption with some changes to Northern services between Leeds and Goole from Friday 27 August to Wednesday 1 September
- Over 95% of Britain’s rail network will be open for business over August Bank Holiday weekend as railway welcomes back passengers
Results 1 - 8 out of 106