- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Eastern: North & East news
Manchester 21st century signalling overhaul completed over Jubilee
- Network Rail is thanking passengers for using alternative journeys into Manchester over the recent Queen’s Platinum Jubilee bank holiday
- 450 railway engineers completed a major signalling overhaul to modernise journeys into the city as part of the Transpennine Route Upgrade
- This will allow for faster line speeds towards Manchester Victoria meaning more reliable journeys for passengers now and enabling faster journeys in future
Track upgrades to bring more reliable journeys for Yorkshire’s rail passengers
This weekend, hundreds of Network Rail workers will carry out key upgrades to the railway in Yorkshire in a boost to reliability.
Multi-million-pound upgrade begins on Hope Valley railway line
Ground-breaking work on a £145m rail reliability upgrade between Manchester and Sheffield will start later this month.
Manchester to get 21st Century signalling overhaul over Queen’s Jubilee weekend
Over the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday, Network Rail will complete a major signalling overhaul in Manchester to modernise journeys into the city.
Step-free footbridge to revitalise rail journeys in Selby
An upgraded, step-free footbridge will make it easier for rail passengers in Selby to travel by train – Network Rail will begin work in August 2022.
Brighter Journeys for passengers at Leeds station this weekend
- A bright, floral exhibition will greet passengers at Leeds station from 13-15 May as part of the Brighter Journeys campaign
- Rail industry seeks to make people smile and encourage help-seeking behaviour during Mental Health Awareness Week
- The campaign hopes to lift peoples’ spirits after nearly three quarter of adults in Yorkshire (72%) reveal that their mental health has been negatively impacted by the coronavirus
Barrow Haven’s new £1.3m platform underway
A brand-new £1.3m platform is being built at a North Lincolnshire station as part of a significant project to reinvigorate passengers’ experience and make train travel more attractive.
Watch: Major progress on Transpennine Route Upgrade in Manchester
- Major progress made to electrify the railway between Manchester and Stalybridge as two bridges are raised
- Transpennine Route Upgrade will help to create a cleaner, greener railway between York, Leeds, Huddersfield and Manchester
- Passengers should check before they travel this Early May Bank Holiday as work continues
Results 1 - 8 out of 155