- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Eastern: East Coast news
Network Rail and GTR support Samaritans’ Brew Monday in Stevenage
- Network Rail, GTR and Samaritans have teamed up at Stevenage station for Brew Monday (17 January)
- Volunteers offered teabags and spoke to station users about the importance of reaching out
Network Rail to improve Finsbury Park bridge over Christmas
Engineers are spending their Christmases carrying out vital improvements to strengthen a railway bridge just south of Finsbury Park station, which carries the busy East Coast Main Line.
Peterborough points upgrade this Christmas to bring more reliable journeys
Around 200 Network Rail workers are spending this Christmas upgrading the points – movable pieces of track which allow trains to move from one line to the other – at Peterborough.
Network Rail’s train testing site achieves major milestone as part of digital railway programme
Network Rail’s purpose-built Rail Innovation and Development Centre (RIDC) reached a major milestone on the East Coast Digital Programme last month with the successful completion of dynamic testing of the Alstom-installed European Train Control System (ETCS) on rolling stock. The test was controlled from the ETCS National Integration Facility (ENIF).
Step towards digitalisation this Christmas – passengers reminded of changes on London’s Northern City Line
- Upgrades to the track and signalling on London’s Northern City Line continue over Christmas
- Major work will take place on Christmas Day and Boxing Day when there are no timetabled services running
- Trains between Finsbury Park and Moorgate will divert into London King’s Cross on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 December - passengers reminded to check their journey
- East Coast Digital Programme will boost reliability for passengers and reduce delays
Jeremy Corbyn joins Network Rail for ground-breaking event on project to make Finsbury Park station fully accessible
The main stage of work to make Finsbury Park station fully accessible is now underway, after Jeremy Corbyn, MP for Islington North, joined Network Rail, Govia Thameslink Railway and Islington Borough Council for a ground-breaking event today (Monday 13 December).
Werrington Tunnel opens unlocking faster journeys on the East Coast Main Line
New rail freight tunnel brings significant improvements to passenger journeys as part of the East Coast upgrade.
New signalling control system for Christmas to boost reliability across North East
Passengers in the North East will soon benefit from a more modern, reliable railway as Network Rail teams are upgrading the signalling control system over Christmas.
Results 1 - 8 out of 128