- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Southern: Kent news
Tunbridge Wells to Hastings line to close for seven days this October half term as Network Rail engineers tackle landslip prone sites
- Strengthening taking place to multiple steep-sided 170-year-old landslip-prone cuttings near Tunbridge Well
- Bus replacement services being provided but passengers need to check their times on Southeastern or National Rail enquiry websites before they travel
New and improved Denmark Hill station delivers first “carbon positive” upgrade on rail network
- First station upgrade in Europe to use photovoltaic ‘film’ to produce more power than new building consumes
- New entrance provides better access for patients and staff to two major London hospitals
- A range of new art and design elements reflect Camberwell's unique, vibrant identity
Over £1.8 billion spent across the south on improvements with passengers returning to the railway more than 18 months after the first lockdown, Network Rail’s Southern region says “welcome back”
Network Rail’s Southern region has invested over £1.8 billion in the railway to support the country in its mission to ‘build back better’ so passengers can feel confident and safe when they return to travelling by train.
Over £1.8 billion spent across the south east on improvements with passengers returning to the railway more than 18 months after the first lockdown, Network Rail and Southeastern says “welcome back”
- Network Rail Kent route, which maintains and operates tracks from London Charing Cross, London Cannon Street and London Bridge to commuter towns of south east London, Ashford, Canterbury and Dover, spent over £660m maintaining and upgrading the railway during lockdown, so passengers came back to a better railway.
- Enhancements worth over £100m include upgrades to Hither Green and Sandwich stations with more underway
- Passengers welcomed back with enhanced cleaning and advised to wear masks in crowded stations.
"What a performance!"- South London stations put on a grand finale for the summer getaway
Passengers passing through stations including London Bridge, Victoria and Waterloo are continuing to be welcomed back to the railway with spectacular music.
Passengers along Sevenoaks line and in parts of SE London advised to check before they travel this Bank Holiday, but routes to Kent and Sussex beaches are OPEN
As Network Rail and Southeastern welcome passengers back to the rail network over the late August Bank Holiday, major routes to Kent and East Sussex beaches are open for business.
Rail passengers thanked for their patience after Ashford line landslip prevention works carried out
After a nine-day line closure while £10m of major improvement work took place, the railway between Maidstone East and Ashford International reopened to passengers this morning (Monday).
VIDEO: Warning to level crossing users after narrow escape for jogger and cyclist
CCTV showing a close shave between a jogger, a cyclist and a Southeastern train has been released by Network Rail to show the danger of ignoring red lights and presuming no more trains are coming.
Results 1 - 8 out of 95