Network Rail announces contract award to support workbank delivery
Network Rail has awarded major contracts to both Altran and AECOM to support the delivery of work within its Safety, Technical and Engineering (STE) Strategic Plan over Control Period 6 (2019-2024).
Network Rail warns of the dangers of the railway as trespasser jailed after causing mass disruption
Network Rail is reminding the public of the dangers posed by trespassing on the railway after a man who climbed on top of a tunnel overlooking railway lines near St. Pancras International station, blocking trains between London, Kent and France, was jailed.
Network Rail joins forces with Primary Engineer to help identify engineers in the making
Network Rail has become a national partner for the “If you were an engineer, what would you do?” competition to help encourage students from schools across the UK to become the engineering professionals of the future.
Passengers reminded to check before they travel over the August bank holiday weekend
- £98m to be invested in Britain’s rail network over the August bank holiday weekend (Saturday 24 to Monday 26 August inclusive)
- Railway open for ‘business as usual’ over August bank holiday weekend as majority of the network is unaffected, however there are major changes to services to/from London King’s Cross station
Network Rail apologises as Midland Main Line disruption continues for Thameslink passengers
Network Rail is apologising to passengers for continued disruption at the southern end of the Midland Main Line, as it was announced that Thameslink commuters will face a reduced service on Monday.
Passengers across Britain advised to check before they travel on Friday 26 July
Network Rail activates extreme weather action teams to keep passengers moving
- With temperatures expected to soar this week, Network Rail has activated its ‘extreme weather action teams’ (EWATs) across the country to ensure passengers are kept safe and our railway keeps running as reliably as possible
- Most of the railway operates normally in hot weather, but speed restrictions may be introduced at hottest locations
- We have a number of measures in place to reduce the impact of hot weather on the railway
New trains, new services, more seats as record investment starts to pay dividends
Network Rail today published its annual report and accounts for the 12 months to 31 March 2019, a year which saw almost 3,000 new services a week added to the network providing much needed capacity and extra seats as investment in Britain’s infrastructure hit a record high.
Results 1 - 8 out of 1550