Green commitments given seal of approval
Passengers at Britain’s biggest and busiest stations can now shop more sustainably thanks to a new initiative from Network Rail.
Station retail bridges the gap for busy passengers
- Network Rail sales grew 4.36% in 2018/19 financial year with like-for-like sales up 1.32%
- Over 250 million customers visited a Network Rail retailer in 2018/19
- London Bridge sales have doubled following significant retail investment
- Every penny of profit from retail sales is reinvested back into the railway
Network Rail and Colas Rail Ltd achieve a 97% diesel-free “Site of the Future”
A project led by the Network Rail and Colas Rail has used solar lighting and power generation to prove the viability of a sustainable ‘Site of the Future’, achieving 97% diesel-free operation in support of a major rail renewal project at Llanwern, South Wales.
Change afoot at Network Rail as new regional managing directors announced to drive new 'passenger first' approach
Five new regional managing directors were announced today as a key part in Network Rail’s evolution to a more nimble, customer-focused company that puts passengers first.
Network Rail announces £800m rail haulage and seasonal services contracts
• Rail haulage and seasonal service contracts worth a total value of £800m
• Awarded to Freightliner, GB Railfreight, Direct Rail Services, DB Cargo UK, Colas Rail UK and Balfour Beatty as detailed
Passengers reminded to check before they travel over the Late May bank holiday
- Railway open for ‘business as usual’ over the Late May bank holiday weekend (Saturday 25 – Monday 27 May) as majority of the network is unaffected
- A 22,000 strong workforce will work around the clock over both May bank holiday weekends
Network Rail appoints new chief information officer
Network Rail has announced that today, Monday 13 May, Aidan Hancock joined the company as group chief information officer (CIO).
Network Rail awards £136m road fleet management contract to Hitachi Capital
- Hitachi Capital will manage Network Rail’s owned and leased road vehicle fleet
- Integrated ‘one-stop shop’ contract
Results 17 - 24 out of 1550