Chug on down to Smyths this World Book Day and get your FREE copy of Stay Safe with Thomas
To celebrate World Book Day today (5 March) Network Rail has teamed up with the world’s most famous blue engine and pre-schooler favourite, Thomas the Tank Engine™ and will be giving away special edition books in Smyths stores.
Network Rail to become accredited Real Living Wage employer
Network Rail is to become an accredited Real Living Wage employer, ensuring that thousands of railway colleagues are paid appropriately to reflect the varied and vital work they carry out.
Spanning the ages
- Two of the railway’s most iconic feats of engineering will be celebrating their birthdays this week.
- Scotland’s treasured Forth Bridge will be celebrating the 130th anniversary of its opening.
- Whereas Wales’ landmark Britannia Bridge will be celebrating the 170th year since it went into operation.
Passengers urged to check before they travel this Easter as Network Rail invests over £100m to upgrade network
- £113m to be invested to improve Britain’s rail network this Easter
- Vast majority of rail network open for ‘business as usual’, but passengers on affected routes should check before they travel
- Upgrade work will deliver better and more reliable rail services for passengers
Passengers take on plastic pollution at Britain’s biggest and busiest stations
- Three million plastic water bottles have been saved from landfill through the introduction of free drinking water fountains at stations
- Water fountains are now located in every Network Rail station
- Station water fountains can be found on City to Sea’s free Refill app
Network Rail look to inspire young people as ground-breaking STEM learning facility opens
Network Rail has opened a dedicated STEM learning facility with the aim of inspiring the next generation to pursue careers in the science, technology, engineering and maths sectors and help close skills gaps in vital areas across Britain.
Storm Dennis: Passengers urged to check before travelling this weekend
Network Rail and train operators are advising passengers to check before they travel again this weekend, with Storm Dennis set to bring more high winds and further rainfall on Saturday and Sunday.
Storm Ciara: Rail passengers advised to check before they travel this weekend
Network Rail and train operators are advising passengers to check their journeys this weekend, with Storm Ciara expected to bring winds of up to 80mph across Britain.
Results 25 - 32 out of 1606