Passenger representatives, Transport Focus, now sit on supervisory Boards overseeing the running of both track and train across large swathes of the country.
National & regional news
- Paddington, London Bridge and King’s Cross record strongest growth in retail sales between April - June 2017
- Rise in sales for 21st successive quarter signals another year of growth for station retailers in London
- Performance reflects ongoing investment in the retail offer at London stations
- Network Rail reports significant retail sales growth for April - June 2017
- Strong correlation between station investment and retail sales growth
- Paddington ranks first, followed by London Bridge and King’s Cross
- 21st successive quarter of rising retail sales in stations
Network Rail is teaming up with the National Farmers’ Union to remind farmers to stay safe at level crossings and combat a rise in incidents during harvest, one of their busiest times of the year.
- Sales soar as leading retailers set up shop in Paddington Lawn
- Network Rail regeneration prepares historic terminus for upsurge in visitors with arrival of Crossrail
- 98% of Brits intend to stay in the UK this bank holiday
- 77% who venture out won’t travel for more than two hours
- 33% leave their plans to the last minute