Network Rail has today announced the sale of its commercial property business in England and Wales.
National & regional news
New campaign encourages public to intervene to help prevent railway suicides
- Significant passengers benefits to be realised in the months ahead as Network Rail mega-projects start to draw to a close
- Less passenger disruption this year despite more than £160m to be invested in the biggest Christmas railway investment programme ever undertaken
- Thousands of new services and trains start to come into operation in 2018 as a result of the Christmas investment programme
- London Bridge station will be all but complete with the final section of the new concourse and brand new platforms 1-5 open for the first time
Oversized lorries hit rail bridges five times a day causing misery for hundreds of thousands reveals new campaign
Hundreds of thousands of rail passengers will suffer hours of delays and cancellations this month as 'bridge-strikes' - when a lorry that's too big hits a low bridge - reach their peak, with new figures revealing October/November see around ten incidents reported every day.
- Met Office issue yellow warning for strong winds
- Passengers advised to plan for possible travel disruption
- Railway neighbours asked to secure garden furniture, equipment and trampolines
Network Rail has generated £35 million from the sale of its National Logistics Centre in Ryton, Coventry to the West Midlands Pension Fund, following a competitive sales process.
HIGH POWERED LEAF BUSTING TRAINS TRAVEL “TWICE ROUND THE WORLD” TO KEEP SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY PASSENGERS MOVING
This week marks the start of our high powered leaf busting trains rolling out across the South Western Railway route - they will travel the equivalent of twice round the world over the next three months clearing leaves and debris.
Network Rail’s work supporting members of the Armed Forces into the workplace received the royal stamp of approval as the company was presented with an Armed Forces Covenant Gold Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) award by HRH Prince Henry of Wales.
Network Rail responds to the government's announcement of funding for control period 6.