- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Network Rail begins vital railway upgrades near Newcastle this weekend – passengers urged to check their journeys over next five weekends
Network Rail is carrying out vital railway upgrades near Newcastle this weekend to bring more reliable journeys for passengers.
Great Northern train tests successfully for first stage of East Coast Digital Programme
Govia Thameslink Railway has successfully run one of its Great Northern Moorgate Class 717 trains using the digital in-cab signalling system ETCS level 2 (European Train Control System).
£1million Signed Off To Upgrade Billingham Station Access
Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen has signed off a £1million investment to significantly improve disability access at Billingham railway station.
Network Rail invites people to have their say on plans to close Copmanthorpe level crossing
Network Rail is asking people in Copmanthorpe to give their feedback on plans to fully close a footpath level crossing and provide an alternative safe access over the railway.
Network Rail completes major bridge improvements so freight can keep Drax Power Station running
- Network Rail successfully completes work to repair and strengthen Aire Bridge, North Yorkshire – a key route for freight services to Drax Power Station
- During the 10-day blockade, work took place to install a new waterproofing system, strengthen the steelwork and renew over 100m of track
- Network Rail is thanking local residents and industry partners for their patience while this essential work was carried out
Hit railway TV series showcases history of iconic North East landmark
In tonight’s episode (Monday, 13 September) of ‘The Architecture the Railways Built’, presenter Tim Dunn explores the history of Newcastle’s High Level Bridge which spans the river Tyne.
Upgrades beneath the track at Leeds station as part of major remodelling project
- Major work continues at Leeds Station as part of a project to remodel the track layout between platforms 4 and 6
- Latest stage includes building a chamber underneath the track between platforms 3 and 4 to make space for new signalling cables
- Improvements will bring more reliable services for passengers and reduce the impact of unplanned disruption on the railway
- Changes to services before 11:45 on Sunday 19 September, Sunday 26 September, Sunday 3 October and Sunday 10 October – passengers advised to plan ahead
A total of £350,000 will be given by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) to move forward plans for a revamped Station Quarter - land surrounding Peterborough Railway Station
The decision was made at the CPCA meeting last month (Wednesday, 25 August) and means the partners now have the funds to put together a strategic outline business case. This will set out future aspirations for the Station Quarter site to deliver improvements to transport infrastructure and new homes and jobs for the city. This investment from the CPCA will complement £60,000 already committed by partners Network Rail, Peterborough City Council and LNER.
Results 1 - 8 out of 1459