Welcome to Network Rail's media centre
Majority of rail network open for business as usual over August Bank Holiday as railway continues to welcome back passengers
- Vast majority of the rail network – over 95% – will be open for business as usual over the August Bank Holiday
- Some routes will be affected by the upgrade works taking place, so passengers should plan ahead
- The railway expects people to follow government guidance and out of respect for others, wear a face covering in busy indoor settings unless they are exempt
New safety warning as a third of British adults say they would risk all by stepping onto the railway track to retrieve their mobile phone
- Purse / wallet (33%) and keys (31%) were among the other personal items adults would retrieve from the track
- Yet 98% of adults understand that stepping onto the tracks carries risk of serious injury or death
- Seven-time Paralympian Simon Munn, MBE, joins Network Rail and British Transport Police to launch new safety film – Shattered Lives – highlighting the devastating consequences of adult trespass
Dartmoor Line level crossing upgrade information event
Network Rail is inviting the local community to attend an information event next week to find out more about forthcoming improvements to the level crossings along the Dartmoor Line.
Network Rail thanks Strathbungo community after footbridge design vote
Local residents in the Southside of Glasgow have voted overwhelmingly for a new railway footbridge connecting Darnley Road and Moray Place in Strathbungo.
Viaduct protection work begins at Orbiston
Work is now underway on a £1.1m project to protect Orbiston Viaduct in North Lanarkshire.
Step into STEM: London King’s Cross to hold day of educational activities for children
Network Rail has teamed up with partners to put on a day of free science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) activities at King’s Cross.
More than 700 North West railway trespass incidents since April
More than 700 people have risked their lives trespassing on North West rail routes since April this year.
More than 400 West Midlands rail network trespass incidents since April
More than 400 people have risked their lives trespassing on West Midlands rail routes since April this year.
New assisted travel lounge opens at Reading station
Passengers with disabilities and reduced mobility who require assistance can now benefit from a new travel lounge at Reading station, which aims to provide a safe, calm and pleasant space while waiting for their train.
Repairs planned to stabilise a railway cutting in Hove means some changes to train services in September
Vital work to stabilise a railway cutting in Hove and prevent delays caused by landslips will be taking place between Saturday 18 September 2021 and Friday 1 October 2021 (inclusive). While this work takes place, no trains can run on the route directly linking Brighton with Hove.