Welcome to Network Rail's media centre
Network Rail teams up with Samaritans for Brew Monday
- Samaritans volunteers join Network Rail to host station outreach events, offering vital emotional support and a cuppa to key workers and those using the rail network this winter
- Launching at London Waterloo station, the events also feature inspiring artwork from artists with mental health challenges encouraging connection over a cuppa across Network Rail digital screens, from 17 January
- Britain’s Got Talent multi-media artist Nathan Wyburn recreates uplifting Brew Monday artwork made of coffee live in station
Connectivity boost for passengers as rollout of fast and free station Wi-Fi is completed
Passengers and visitors to 19 of Network Rail’s managed stations across the country are now benefitting from fast, free and unlimited Wi-Fi to help them stay connected following a multi-million pound investment.
Network Rail begins major work to historic railway bridge in Gateshead this month
Network Rail will begin major work to repair and strengthen Wellington Street railway bridge on Monday 24 January, in a project which will make sure it remains fit for purpose for years to come.
Fencing is safety priority for Levenmouth rail project
Work is now underway to install fencing along the line of the Levenmouth Rail link.
Powering ahead: bridge upgrade for Wigan to Bolton electrification
Passengers are being advised of upcoming changes to Sunday journeys between Wigan and Bolton to prepare for a major electrification upgrade.
Weekend Chiltern track upgrades to impact January journeys
Passengers are being advised of changes to weekend journeys on the Chiltern main line later this month while Network Rail improves the railway.
Rail upgrades to make major improvements for passengers in Northallerton
- A package of rail upgrades will make Northallerton station more accessible and bring more reliable journeys for passengers
- Limited services on 29/30 January, with no trains calling at the station on 5/6 February, and 12/13 February as Network Rail upgrades track between York and Newcastle
- Major work will also take place on a project to install lifts, meaning temporary changes to access at the station
- Passengers urged to plan ahead via National Rail Enquiries or with their train operator
Passengers to check before travelling as Network Rail upgrades track between York and Newcastle
- Essential track upgrades will keep services running fast and reliably between York and Newcastle
- Limited services and rail replacement buses between York and Newcastle on 29/30 January, 5/6 February, 12/13 February 2022
- Passengers asked to plan ahead via National Rail Enquiries or with their train operator
Major repairs to Royal Border Bridge throughout 2022 – community invited to learn more
The iconic Royal Border Bridge in Northumberland will be repaired throughout 2022 in a major project led by Network Rail.
Cyclists urged to reclaim bikes left at Bristol Temple Meads station before they’re removed
Network Rail is asking cyclists who have left their bicycles at Bristol Temple Meads for long periods of time without use to reclaim them by Friday 11 February, ahead of the annual bike cull.