- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
National & regional news
North Yorkshire bridge renewals to make railway more reliable for passengers
Multi-million pound bridge upgrades are taking place on the Settle to Carlisle line in North Yorkshire to make the railway more reliable for passengers and freight.
Passengers warned of changes to journeys for essential railway upgrades in Manchester
Passengers are being urged to check before they travel this weekend during essential railway improvement work on a key route into Manchester Piccadilly station.
Network Rail introduces coffee cup recycling: passengers encouraged to Sip, Save and Recycle to help make stations greener
- Network Rail installs 32 coffee cup recycling bins at seven of Britain’s biggest and busiest stations
- Cup recycling facilities in all 20 managed stations by the end of October, after YouGov poll reveals that less than a third (30%) of Brits who buy coffee while travelling recycle their cup properly, using a recycling bin specifically for paper/coffee cups
- Initiative forms part of Network Rail’s ambitions to make stations cleaner and greener
Network Rail improves historic Darlington bridge ahead of 195th anniversary
Network Rail has carried out improvement work on Skerne Bridge, the oldest railway bridge in the world in continuous use, before its 195th anniversary this weekend.
Preston station’s historic glazing gets identical looking modern replacement
A major restoration project on Preston station’s glazed frontage is complete making it safe and reliable for passengers on the West Coast main line.
Conwy Valley Line to reopen this month as £2.2m investment helps protect it from extreme weather and flooding
The Conwy Valley Line, which runs from Blaenau Ffestiniog to Llandudno in north Wales, will reopen on 28 September after Network Rail’s £2.2m investment to better protect the railway from extreme weather and flooding has been completed.
Public consultation opens for Ely rail capacity
Network Rail’s first round of public consultation for proposals to upgrade the railway in and around Ely opens today (21st September) and will run for six weeks.
Passengers warned Crewe signalling failure disruption will continue this weekend
Passengers are being thanked for their patience as engineers continue to fix a major fault with railway signalling affecting trains between Manchester, Stoke, Birmingham and London.
Results 9 - 16 out of 10196