Passengers planning to travel on the East Coastway are being reminded to check before they travel during August as Network Rail carries out a major upgrade to the lines between Lewes and Seaford.
National & regional news
- Numbers through Glasgow Central were up 9 % during the period of the European Championships
- Increased footfall spiked on days city streets were closed for cycling events
- Almost 121,000 extra visitors during games period
Internationally recognised engineers, architects and urban planners have been appointed to help shape the long term future of Edinburgh’s Waverley Station.
Network Rail urges farmers to work with them during hot weather to help stop livestock getting on to the railway
Farmers whose land is near the railway across Wales and Borders are being asked to notify Network Rail of any damaged fencing or changes to the location of grazing livestock. The call comes after an increase in instances of animals getting on to the railway during the recent hot weather.
Sussex passenger awareness campaign steps up ahead of nine-month Brighton Main Line Improvement Project
- 'Drop-by’ sessions being held at over 30 stations to inform passengers of upcoming planned closures
- Campaign featuring iconic Brighton seagull will see information reaching passengers via social media
- Passengers advised to check upcoming closure dates that will affect their journeys as soon as possible
A Network Rail proposal to construct a new section of railway underneath the East Coast Main Line has been approved by the Secretary of State for Transport.
Network Rail is advising passengers to expect disruption between 24 and 29 August as engineers complete the latest phase in a £114m upgrade to signalling systems across Lanarkshire.
Kidsgrove railway station in Staffordshire is to be fitted with a brand-new footbridge to make it more accessible for all train passengers.
Feltham residents given glimpse of the future in virtual reality ahead of £23 million station upgrade
Network Rail are investing £23 million to rebuild parts of Feltham station providing longer platforms for new longer trains, new step free access for travellers and a new bridge for cyclists and pedestrians so they can safely cross the railway.