National & regional news
Network Rail Southern Region lands a double at industry awards ceremony thanks to community work in Sussex and Brighton Main Line upgrade work
Network Rail Southern Region was successful at the 22nd Rail Business Awards, winning two awards and also receiving a highly-commended title.
Network Rail invites residents and passengers in Leeds to find out more about platform zero
Network Rail is inviting passengers and residents in Leeds to an upcoming public information event to find out more about the work taking place to construct a new platform.
Second stage of public consultation for major railway upgrade in West Yorkshire begins following overwhelming support for scheme
Network Rail has announced when the next stage of public consultation on proposals to upgrade the railway between Huddersfield and Westtown (Dewsbury) will take place.
Refurbishment works for Glasgow Central toilets
The station toilets at Glasgow Central will be closed this week while refurbishment works are carried out.
UPDATE: Euston passengers urged to check before they travel on Monday
- thinned-out timetable in operation between Watford Junction and Euston
- services as far afield as Blackpool, Manchester and Birmingham affected
- first of two nights of repairs to South Kenton overhead wire damage begins at 9pm tonight
- rail industry advice to passengers is “check before you travel"
Euston passengers urged to complete journeys early this evening
Passengers wanting to travel to or from London Euston are urged to complete journeys early this evening (Sunday 8 March).
All aboard: Festive cheer drives impressive retail results
- Passengers flock to station retailers in the last three months of 2019
- Network Rail reports 4.48% total sales growth at Britain’s biggest and busiest stations, continuing to buck a negative high street trend
- Food and drink categories led the charge with passengers’ appetites for places to meet, eat, shop and travel continuing to grow
Britain’s first ‘all female operated’ train service runs today
- Network Rail and Southeastern launch landmark day for women in UK rail
- All female train crew and signallers team up in commuter first
- Network Rail to increase female workforce by 50% by 2024
- Southeastern reveals one in five staff are women following pledge to increase diversity
- Watch the film of the landmark event here https://youtu.be/H1RsBBT9bq8
Results 73 - 80 out of 9739