The new station footbridge at Westerton will open on Friday November 24 as part of wider work to improve accessibility at the station.
National & regional news
Network Rail engineers will shortly begin work on a project to replace the weak road-over-rail bridge in Springkell Avenue in Pollokshields.
Passenger journeys in and out of Euston will be more reliable following a £4m project to stabilise railway embankments near Watford.
- Final section of London Bridge’s huge, modern, street-level concourse will open
- Platforms 1 – 5 will be complete, allowing Cannon Street services to once again call at London Bridge
- Two new entrances to London Bridge station, connecting Tooley Street to St Thomas Street
- Final major piece of engineering work affecting working days for the Thameslink Programme
- All part of Network Rail’s bumper £160m country-wide Christmas investment programme
As Black Friday looms large and bigger crowds than ever are predicted in Birmingham, passengers are being advised to carefully plan their travel.
Network Rail will begin work on a project in Newark which will see around 1km of track removed and replaced with new, modern rails.
The first installment of the prestigious Landscape Photographer of the Year exhibition opens today, Monday 20 November, at Waterloo station.
Network Rail is using space at several of its stations, including London Bridge, Edinburgh and Leeds, to provide a compelling setting for the exciting display.
Commuters, shoppers and station visitors will be able to enjoy outstanding photographs of the British landscape, ranging from atmospheric views of the misty Scottish wilderness, through to powerful images of stormy seas and iconic meandering rivers.
Drone images released today reveal the full size and scale of the most complex railway repair ever undertaken by Network Rail.