New campaign encourages public to intervene to help prevent railway suicides
National & regional news
Passengers travelling through Southampton this Christmas advised to plan ahead as £8 million project to renew railway is delivered
- Work will take place from 24 December to 1 January, with significant alteration to services
- Buses will replace trains between Southampton Central and Southampton Airport Parkway; and Southampton Central and Fareham
- Journeys on the line between London, Bournemouth, Poole and Weymouth affected
- Passengers advised to plan their journey ahead and travel before Christmas Eve
Network Rail is inviting residents in Bedford to find out more about work to upgrade the railway on the Midland Main Line.
The Conwy Valley line reopened to passengers today, Monday 13 November, after Network Rail engineers carried out extensive repairs following recent storm damage.
Network Rail reached a significant milestone in work to upgrade the line between London and Corby as overhead line masts for electrification were installed on the route for the first time in over 40 years.
Engineers are delivering a £7m rolling programme of investment in Dumbarton’s railway bridges as part of Network Rail’s Railway Upgrade Plan.
The start of Birmingham’s famous Christmas market signals the start of the busiest time of year in Birmingham and passengers are being urged to plan their journeys and allow extra time when travelling by train.
With one day to go, passengers are being reminded to plan their journeys as 19 weeks of work gets underway to help transform the railway between Blackpool and Preston.
- Iconic new bridge connects Manchester’s three main stations for the first time
- Old gives birth to the new at the birthplace of modern intercity railways
- Rail Minister completes Great North Rail Project showpiece