- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
National & regional news
Two more weeks for passengers to prepare for line closure from Tunbridge Wells to Hastings
- Strengthening of multiple steep-sided landslip-prone cuttings near Tunbridge Wells
- Work to refurbish Etchingham footbridge and improve bio-diversity along the line
- Bus replacement services will take passengers to their destinations while works are carried out
Government restores the Dartmoor Line as services resume for first time in half a century from 20 November
- The Dartmoor Line between Okehampton and Exeter will officially reopen for year-round services on 20 November, ahead of schedule
- It is the first former line to open under the Government’s Restoring Your Railway manifesto commitment
- Tickets will go on sale today (12 October) for trains running every 2 hours, increasing to hourly from May 2022
- Passengers travelling between Crediton and Exeter will also benefit from an increase in service frequency.
Major engineering work in November and December to provide better journeys for rail passengers in Weymouth, Dorchester and Yeovil – but watch out for line closures
Passengers in Weymouth, Dorchester and Yeovil will soon benefit from big improvements to their railway as engineers get to work on improving track and stations.
Crossing the railway in the village of Bobbing to be made safer for residents
Network Rail has unveiled plans to improve the safety of crossing a 90mph railway line at a village outside Sittingbourne in North Kent.
Upgrades continue at Leeds station this month in project to remodel track
- Improvements continue at Leeds station this month ahead of work to remodel the track layout between platforms 4 and 6 later this year
- Work will bring more reliable services for passengers and reduce the impact of unplanned disruption on the railway
- No trains to or from Leeds before 11:40 on Sunday 31 October - passengers reminded to check their journey
- Changes to services on Saturday 30 October and after 11:40 on Sunday 31 October
Passengers advised about Cumbrian Coast line upgrade this Halloween
Passengers are being advised to plan their journeys in advance during work to replace a railway bridge on the Cumbrian Coast line this Halloween.
CCTV released showing lorry reversing into level crossing barriers in Stoke
Footage has been release showing the moment a lorry REVERSES over a railway level crossing ripping off one of its barriers in the process.
'Heroes in hi-vis' - railway workers save 81-year-old blackberry picker
Two railway workers have been hailed as heroes after saving an 81-year-old man who became stranded while picking blackberries for his wife in the Peak District.
Results 113 - 120 out of 11377