Network Rail engineers were today working to clear the railway of trees blown down by Storm Ali.
National & regional news
- Two-year contract extension worth £100m annually
- For the supply of long steel rail, largely for maintenance and renewals
- Around 95 per cent of Network Rail’s rails are from British Steel
- Previous contract between the two companies was signed in 2014
Breich station has re-opened to passenger service following a 12 week closure to enable a £2.4m redevelopment.
Plans are afoot to refurbish a railway bridge which will mean it can stay open for the masses during Faversham’s annual Hop Festival.
Network Rail engineers will complete the latest phase in a £114m upgrade to signalling systems across Lanarkshire this weekend.
Paddington Station 24/7 – Trains put on hold as man runs a mile along track after ducking ticket gates
The second series of the behind the scenes documentary Paddington Station 24/7 continues on Monday 17 September, as trains in and out of the station are put on hold when a trespasser is seen running along the tracks.
Kirkham & Wesham station to have step-free access to all platforms thanks to the Great North Rail Project.
A new £280m digital advertising deal between Network Rail and JCDecaux will transform the passenger experience at largest stations
- Network Rail signs new five-year contract with JCDecaux to handle in-station advertising
- Deal will see Network Rail move to 100% digital advertising within its managed stations
- Contract follows installation of iconic screens and recent successful in-station advertising campaigns including Jurassic World and Fast and Furious films
Passenger services between Birmingham New Street and Nuneaton are being affected following the derailment of seven wagons of a freight train.