- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
National & regional news
Ballast all the way – Network Rail is upgrading last section of 1970s slab track between London and Kentish Town this Christmas
- Engineers will carry out final stage of work to upgrade 1970s track between Kentish Town and London St Pancras this Christmas and over New Year
- Improvements will bring a more modern reliable railway for passengers and reduce delays
- Reduced East Midlands Railway and Thameslink services from Monday 27 December until Tuesday 4 January – passengers reminded to plan ahead
- Additional Midland Main Line upgrades on Christmas Day and Boxing Day when no timetabled trains are running
Plans submitted in bid to help reduce flooding and protect vital rail link to south west
Network Rail has submitted a planning application to Mid Devon District Council to reduce the frequency and duration of flooding on the railway at Hele and help prevent a vital link to the South West being cut off.
Network Rail’s train testing site achieves major milestone as part of digital railway programme
Network Rail’s purpose-built Rail Innovation and Development Centre (RIDC) reached a major milestone on the East Coast Digital Programme last month with the successful completion of dynamic testing of the Alstom-installed European Train Control System (ETCS) on rolling stock. The test was controlled from the ETCS National Integration Facility (ENIF).
Fife MSPs visit Levenmouth Rail link site
As activity continues to prepare for the start of work on the Levenmouth Rail Link, Members of the Scottish Parliament Jenny Gilruth and David Torrance visited site to see first-hand the progress that has been made.
Step towards digitalisation this Christmas – passengers reminded of changes on London’s Northern City Line
- Upgrades to the track and signalling on London’s Northern City Line continue over Christmas
- Major work will take place on Christmas Day and Boxing Day when there are no timetabled services running
- Trains between Finsbury Park and Moorgate will divert into London King’s Cross on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 December - passengers reminded to check their journey
- East Coast Digital Programme will boost reliability for passengers and reduce delays
Multi-million-pound platform access improvements for Euston passengers
Work has completed to relocate shops from ramps leading to platforms 8-11 allowing more space for rail travellers to move from the concourse to trains.
Volunteers serve festive feast to those in need this Christmas
Network Rail volunteers teamed up with British Transport Police and train operator MTR to host a Christmas meal for people experiencing homelessness at the Queens Arms pub in Reading, run by local charity New Beginnings.
Passengers urged to check before they travel this Christmas ahead of £22m festive upgrades including in Bristol, Stroud and London
Rail passengers are being asked to plan ahead and check before the travel this festive period as Network Rail completes its annual planned railway upgrades.
Results 57 - 64 out of 11483