National & regional news
Embankment works carried out near Manningtree on the London to Norwich main line to prevent delays
Works have been completed on the Norwich and London mainline near Manningtree to reinforce the embankment and protect the tracks by preventing vegetation and debris falling onto the line. This will help keep the line clear and trains running safely for those who need to travel by train.
Passenger satisfaction is priority for new Grand Rail Collaboration chair
A West Midlands rail industry group committed to boosting train reliability and passenger satisfaction has appointed a new chair.
Network Rail worker in Derby volunteers over 550 hours as NHS responder during COVID-19 pandemic
A Network Rail worker from Derby is supporting vulnerable people as part of the NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme and has helped to donate personal protective equipment (PPE) to hospitals across the country.
Only travel if you need to as this weekend begins a week-long closure of the Botley line
- The line between Eastleigh and Fareham and will close for improvement works between 23-29 May
- Engineers will install almost a mile of new track between Fareham and Botley
- Passengers will benefit from a more reliable railway and better performing train journeys
Passengers in Sussex who must travel urged to plan ahead over Late May Bank Holiday weekend
- Network Rail and train operators urge people not to use public transport unless absolutely necessary over the late May Bank Holiday
- Network Rail’s engineering works will affect some routes, so those who do need to travel urged to plan ahead
Public urged to stay safe at level crossings as train services increase across Anglia
Members of the public whose daily exercise involves using level crossings are urged to take extra care this week as rail services have increased.
Network Rail’s station team at King’s Cross keep critical workers moving during COVID-19 crisis
Network Rail’s station team at London King’s Cross are working hard and adopting new ways of working to ensure those who need to travel are able to reach their destinations safely throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
Network Rail announces nine-day closure of South East London lines to complete critical signalling work
The railway through Hither Green, in South East London, will be closed for nine days from Saturday 25 July to Sunday 2 August, as Network Rail completes signalling upgrades through the area.
Results 25 - 32 out of 9933