- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
National & regional news
Brighter Journeys campaign set to breathe life and joy into railway stations this May
- Rail industry seeks to make people smile and encourage help-seeking behaviour during Mental Health Awareness Week
- Brighter Journeys campaign will be rolled out across railway stations from 9-31 May in partnership with Chasing the Stigma
- The campaign hopes to lift peoples’ spirits amidst rising concerns over the effect of the pandemic, with nearly three quarters of UK adults (70%) revealing their mental health has been negatively impacted by the coronavirus
Welsh timber returns to the railway for carbon-cutting test run
For the first time since 2005, a freight train carrying Welsh timber left Aberystwyth as part of a trial that could see regular freight traffic return to the Cambrian line.
Midlands’ longest railway bridge to be installed this weekend
Final preparations are underway to install a new landmark railway bridge in Birmingham which will become the longest single-span railway structure in the West Midlands.
Reliability boost for Bedfordshire’s railway this weekend
Better journeys are in store for passengers travelling between London and the East Midlands, with key work to upgrade Bedfordshire’s railway taking place this weekend.
Early May bank holiday works completed
Our teams have completed our latest bout of bank holiday engineering works to help build a more resilient and reliable railway for passengers and freight operators.
New tool launched to measure social value of Britain’s railway
A new online tool to help the rail industry measure the social value of its investments, infrastructure projects and day-to-day operations has been launched today.
West Coast main line upgrades complete leaving Platinum Jubilee free
Network Rail has completed a range of essential upgrades to the railway between London Euston, the Midlands and North West this Early May Bank Holiday.
New signalling to give passengers better journeys on Great Northern’s route to City of London
A brand new, state-of-the-art signalling system has been commissioned over the bank holiday, promising Great Northern rail passengers at 30 stations* much more reliable journeys on the route to Moorgate in the City of London.
Results 25 - 32 out of 11731