- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
National & regional news
Advance notice to passengers about Manchester Piccadilly lift work
Passengers are being advised about future work to replace the lift giving access to platforms 13 and 14 at Manchester Piccadilly station.
Upgrades beneath the track at Leeds station as part of major remodelling project
- Major work continues at Leeds Station as part of a project to remodel the track layout between platforms 4 and 6
- Latest stage includes building a chamber underneath the track between platforms 3 and 4 to make space for new signalling cables
- Improvements will bring more reliable services for passengers and reduce the impact of unplanned disruption on the railway
- Changes to services before 11:45 on Sunday 19 September, Sunday 26 September, Sunday 3 October and Sunday 10 October – passengers advised to plan ahead
Network Rail launches second phase of Network Operating Strategy
- Network Rail, in partnership with the rail industry, has published the second phase of its Network Operating Strategy aimed at improving operations
- The strategy is designed to help the rail industry provide a better experience for passengers and freight users
- It focuses on a collaborative industry approach to applying the strategy’s recommendations and areas for improvements covering people, change/technology, and processes
'Spider' excavators move the earth to protect key Midlands rail route
Work is now complete to protect the West Coast main line from landslips to provide more reliable journeys for rail passengers between Wolverhampton and Stafford.
Planning consent received for East Linton station development
East Lothian Council's planning committee has approved proposals which will see a station open in the village of East Linton for the first time in more than half a century.
Tunbridge Wells to Hastings line to close for seven days this October half term as Network Rail engineers tackle landslip prone sites
- Strengthening taking place to multiple steep-sided 170-year-old landslip-prone cuttings near Tunbridge Well
- Bus replacement services being provided but passengers need to check their times on Southeastern or National Rail enquiry websites before they travel
A total of £350,000 will be given by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) to move forward plans for a revamped Station Quarter - land surrounding Peterborough Railway Station
The decision was made at the CPCA meeting last month (Wednesday, 25 August) and means the partners now have the funds to put together a strategic outline business case. This will set out future aspirations for the Station Quarter site to deliver improvements to transport infrastructure and new homes and jobs for the city. This investment from the CPCA will complement £60,000 already committed by partners Network Rail, Peterborough City Council and LNER.
Railway between Southampton and Bournemouth to close for 5 days for major improvements in November
The railway between Southampton and Bournemouth will close for five days from Monday 1 to Friday 5 November to deliver a range of long-term improvements making journeys more reliable and resilient to extreme weather.
Results 25 - 32 out of 11219