- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Network Rail completes £2.8million Manton bridge upgrade
Network Rail has completed a major project to replace Manton railway bridge in Rutland, which was over 150 years old.
Network Rail is restoring access between platforms for passengers at Royston station next month
Network Rail will install two temporary staircases at Royston station next month to save Great Northern and Thameslink passengers time switching between the two platforms while the footbridge is out of action.
Network Rail launches new safety warning after 41% of adults in the East Midlands say they would step onto the tracks to retrieve their mobile phone
- 41% of adults across the East Midlands say they would retrieve their phone from the track, 41% would risk everything for their purse or wallet and 42% would get their keys
- 890 trespass incidents reported between April 2020 and March 2021 across Network Rail’s East Midlands route3
- New safety film – Shattered Lives – highlights the devastating consequences of adult trespass
- There are other hidden dangers, such as the lethal current which runs through the overhead lines. They are always on so always stay off
Network Rail open Changing Places facility in Leeds – the UK’s leader in accessibility.
- New Changing Places facility at Leeds station will help those with mobility-limiting disabilities travel with confidence.
- Leeds is leading the way for better accessibility, with the most Changing Places facilities in the UK.
- Further improvements include a new accessible toilet on platform zero and staff disability awareness training throughout July.
Network Rail boost reliability of vital freight line with essential repairs to Aire Bridge, North Yorkshire
- Work begins on a £2.1million project to repair Aire Bridge in North Yorkshire.
- The upgrade will improve reliability along a vital freight line used by Drax Power Station during nine-day closure in August, with no impact on passenger services.
- Hirst Road level crossing, between Carlton and Hirst Courtney will be closed while the bridge is repaired.
- Track will also be renewed in Hensall, near Snaith to maximise the amount of work done in one closure.
East Coast Digital Programme’s Toufic Machnouk appointed to Network Rail’s Eastern region executive team to lead rail industry’s digital transformation
Toufic Machnouk has been appointed to Network Rail’s Eastern executive team as Director, Industry Partnership Digital.
Network Rail to connect ground-breaking 11,000-tonne tunnel near Peterborough to existing track this month
Network Rail will carry out vital work to connect a new tunnel north of Peterborough to the existing railway, ready to further improve journeys for passengers on the East Coast Main Line.
Sunderland central station to be transformed - Stunning plans unveiled as city council leads central station upgrade
Transformational plans to revamp Sunderland’s central train station are full steam ahead, with a £26m boost that will ‘give Sunderland the rail station it deserves’.
Results 41 - 48 out of 1457