- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Network Rail begins transformational work to reopen Northumberland line
- Work begins to reintroduce a regular rail passenger service between Ashington and Newcastle
- Project involves upgrading track and signalling, opening six new stations and three new footbridges
- Aims to support communities, economic growth and regeneration in Northumberland and surrounding areas
International Women in Engineering Day - Engineer who worked on major project at King’s Cross station encourages more women to consider railway careers
A Network Rail engineer who upgraded the signalling at London King’s Cross station as part of the £1.2billion East Coast Upgrade is using this year’s International Women in Engineering Day (Wednesday, 23 June) to encourage more women to consider a railway career.
Network Rail boosts reliability across Yorkshire with track improvements between York and Church Fenton
Network Rail is upgrading the track between York and Church Fenton to bring smoother, more reliable journeys for passengers.
Mayor Welcomes Azuma Training Following Completion of Middlesbrough Station Platform Work
Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen has today (14 June) welcomed the first of LNER’s Azuma trains calling at Middlesbrough station as part of critical driver training.
Network Rail reopens Nottinghamshire footpath crossing after improvement work
Network Rail has reopened Chestnut Grove footpath crossing in Burton Joyce after completing vital improvement work.
Passengers to be kept on the move during major railway improvement works around Manchester
Next month, railway engineers will be undertaking a two-week, round-the-clock improvement blitz between Manchester Victoria and Rochdale and Manchester Victoria and Stalybridge.
Rail freight surges past pre-Covid levels as economy begins bounce back
- Figures show increase in freight train movements in Network Rail’s Eastern Region over corresponding period in 2019/20
- New scrap metal service introduced from Ilkeston to Immingham
- Sunderland Docks branch scrap metal service recommenced to cope with rising demand
- New contract to move 350,000 tonnes of waste from Barking to Scunthorpe
- New intermodal cargo terminal constructed in Sheffield
Weekend service changes on Northern City Line as major project to create UK’s first intercity digital railway continues
Great Northern passengers on the Northern City Line, one of the most important routes into the City of London, will enjoy more reliable journeys by summer next year.
Results 57 - 64 out of 1457