- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Rail freight surges past pre-Covid levels as economy begins bounce back
- Figures show increase in freight train movements in Network Rail’s Eastern Region over corresponding period in 2019/20
- New scrap metal service introduced from Ilkeston to Immingham
- Sunderland Docks branch scrap metal service recommenced to cope with rising demand
- New contract to move 350,000 tonnes of waste from Barking to Scunthorpe
- New intermodal cargo terminal constructed in Sheffield
Weekend service changes on Northern City Line as major project to create UK’s first intercity digital railway continues
Great Northern passengers on the Northern City Line, one of the most important routes into the City of London, will enjoy more reliable journeys by summer next year.
Network Rail completes once-in-a-generation scheme at King’s Cross
- Key element of £1.2billion East Coast Upgrade now in place
- Work allows more trains to enter and exit the station – reducing congestion and bringing more reliable journeys for passengers
- Improved services begin from Monday 7 June
Network Rail begins improvement work at Leicestershire level crossing this month
Network Rail is carrying out work to improve Broome Lane level crossing in Charnwood to make sure it can continue to be used reliably for years to come.
Disruption between Newcastle and Edinburgh following damage to overhead wires – passengers urged to check their journey
Passengers are facing disruption to services on the East Coast Main Line following damage to the overhead wires between Newcastle and Berwick Upon Tweed.
Lindsells crossing bridleway bridge scheme proposed
A proposal to invest a total of £5m to replace the Lindsells level crossing in Biggleswade with a bridleway bridge has been submitted as a planning application by Network Rail.
Leeds station multi-storey car park re-opens – boasting the first Network Rail electric charging points
The multi-story car park at Leeds station, which has been closed since May 2019 to accommodate the construction of the new Platform Zero, has re-opened to the public today (1 June).
Network Rail reaches final weekend of work on King’s Cross transformation – passengers reminded to check their journeys
- Network Rail continues to simplify track layout at London King’s Cross during main stage of £1.2billion East Coast Upgrade
- No trains to/from London King’s Cross on the afternoon of Friday 4, and all day on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 June
- Work will allow more trains to enter and exit the station – reducing congestion and bringing more reliable journeys for passengers
- Full service resumes on Monday 7 June but anyone travelling should aim to do so safely and plan their journey in advance
Results 81 - 88 out of 1475