- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
‘Sitting Pretty’ – Young architects and designers bring London rail stations to life
A series of witty and challenging benches by emerging architects and designers have been unveiled at some of London’s largest railway stations, following a design competition organised by the London Festival of Architecture and Network Rail.
Network Rail employees recognised in Queen’s Birthday Honours list
Six current Network Rail employees and one former employee have been recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list, published on Saturday 10 October.
Rail industry and charities join forces to tackle street homelessness with new Rough Sleeping on Rail Charter
- Network Rail chief executive Andrew Haines, transport secretary Grant Shapps and BTP assistant chief constable Charlie Doyle commit to tackling street homelessness as first signatories of new charter
- Network Rail to work with five charity partners as part of Routes out of Homelessness initiative, including fundraising, events, additional support and pilot outreach scheme in stations
- Murals unveiled at Network Rail stations to mark the occasion ahead of World Homeless Day on Saturday 10th October
Network Rail using innovative technology to transform project planning and delivery
Network Rail is working with technology startup nPlan to use Machine Learning technology across its portfolio of projects, potentially transforming the way major rail projects are delivered across Britain. Through using data from past projects to produce accurate cost and time forecasts, the partnership will deliver efficiencies in the way projects are planned and carried out, and improve service reliability for passengers by reducing the risk of overruns.
Leaf-busting machines ready to tackle autumn season on the railway
Network Rail’s fleet of 61 leaf-busting trains and 80 leaf-busting teams are being readied to help tackle the annual blight of ‘leaves on the line’ and keep passengers moving safely and reliably over autumn, as today (1 October) marks the first day of the railway’s autumn season.
Network Rail introduces coffee cup recycling: passengers encouraged to Sip, Save and Recycle to help make stations greener
- Network Rail installs 32 coffee cup recycling bins at seven of Britain’s biggest and busiest stations
- Cup recycling facilities in all 20 managed stations by the end of October, after YouGov poll reveals that less than a third (30%) of Brits who buy coffee while travelling recycle their cup properly, using a recycling bin specifically for paper/coffee cups
- Initiative forms part of Network Rail’s ambitions to make stations cleaner and greener
Rail and road users to benefit from holistic approach to infrastructure planning
- Network Rail and Highways England publish joint document to improve development of parkway stations and help communities access the places most important to them
- Collaborative approach will also relieve pressure on the strategic road network (SRN), support economic growth and contribute to the Government’s low carbon agenda
Network Rail launches task forces in wake of Stonehaven tragedy
Network Rail has launched two independent task forces, led by world renowned experts, to help it better manage its massive earthworks (cuttings and embankments) portfolio and its understanding and response to severe weather events.
Results 65 - 72 out of 1686