Network Rail announces preferred bidders for next generation of rail system contracts
Network Rail have announced preferred bidders to deliver the next decade of rail system – anything needed to make the rail system work including track, points, overhead lines and signalling - contracts in Scotland and the South of England.
Network Rail welcomes its first dedicated head of apprenticeships to improve access to rail careers
Richard Turner has been appointed as Network Rail’s first dedicated head of apprenticeship delivery to develop new programmes and help widen access to careers in the rail industry.
Passengers’ need for convenience sparks growth in Christmas retail sales
- Network Rail reports 2.3% total sales growth at its managed stations during the festive period, despite difficult wider trading environment
- Figures point to continued trend in convenience shopping, with increasing numbers using stations as a one-stop-shop for a range of products
- Top performing stations were London Bridge and Paddington, showing link between Network Rail investment and retail sales growth
Final multi-million-pound contracts awarded to deliver rail projects in Scotland and North East
Network Rail has announced further multi-million-pound contract awards for Control Period 6 (2019-2024), worth a total of £467m.
With temperatures dropping across Britain the rail industry is gearing up for winter weather
Just like road and air travel, wintry weather can pose challenges for the rail network, with its effects ranging from speed restrictions on exposed routes, to services being suspended due to avalanches.
New benefits for rail passengers as 330 projects, worth over £148m, finish on time
Passengers returning to work today (2 January) are benefiting from more reliable infrastructure, improved facilities and services after a £148m Christmas programme of investment across the network successfully completed on-time today.
Network Rail awards multi-billion-pound contracts to deliver work on some of Britain’s busiest routes
Network Rail has announced the award of three multi-billion-pound contracts for the South of England, worth up to £7bn for Control Period 6 (2019-2024).
Passengers across London reminded to check before they travel this Christmas and New Year
- More than £148m to be invested over the Christmas and New Year period
- Railway open for ‘business as usual’ as majority of the network is unaffected by upgrade work
- Service changes will be in place from Sunday 23 December to Tuesday 1 January
Results 41 - 48 out of 1550