- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Network Rail donates old laptops to help pupils learn remotely during lockdown
Network Rail has kickstarted a national laptop for schools volunteer programme which aims to donate at least 8,000 refurbished laptops to schools across Britain to support children learning at home and reduce waste. The first school to benefit was St. Willibrord's R.C. Primary School in Clayton, East Manchester, who received enough laptops for every pupil in the school to continue their learning from home during lockdown. Over 70 children took delivery of their laptop last week, with more devices due to be given to pupils in the coming days.
Latest technology used to improve thousands of miles of lineside biodiversity
Scientists are using cutting-edge technology along Britain’s 20,000-mile rail network, as part of Network Rail’s new action plan for sustainable vegetation management.
Rail industry showcases special illustration in support of Samaritans' annual 'Brew Monday' campaign
• Charlie Mackesy, author of the much-loved book The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse, has come together with Samaritans and Network Rail to encourage passengers and staff to reach out over a virtual cuppa and chat to those they care about during the winter months
• Charlie's illustration, of his beloved character the Mole, will be featured across Network Rail stations, including London Waterloo’s big screen, from January 18
Network Rail among best places to work in Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Awards
- Network Rail makes Glassdoor’s list of Best Places to Work in the UK for the first time with a rating of 4.2 out of five
- Awards by Glassdoor are based on employee feedback
Network Rail and partners launch Tram Train Pilot Learning Hub
Network Rail, South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (SYPTE) and Stagecoach Supertram have together launched the Tram Train Pilot Learning Hub, containing a wealth of information drawn from the collective experience of designing, constructing and operating Britain’s first Tram Train system.
New Year’s Honours List recognises Network Rail employees
Three Network Rail employees have been recognised in the New Year’s Honours list 2020, published on 30 December.
Building back better - Longer trains are delivering for freight customers
Trains of up to half a mile long are helping the rail freight industry deliver more goods for consumers and reduce UK carbon emissions.
Thousands of trees planted as Network Rail’s £1 million pledge takes root across the country
Network Rail has joined forces with national conservation charity The Tree Council to plant more than 80,000 trees and hedgerows across the country this winter, as part of a four-year, £1 million tree planting pledge.
Results 41 - 48 out of 1686