Passengers who must travel urged to plan ahead over Early May Bank Holiday weekend
- Passengers should only travel if they have to over forthcoming Early May Bank Holiday
- Network Rail’s engineering works will affect some routes, while a reduced timetable continues to be in operation for those who rely on rail services
- Passengers who do have to travel should check before they travel
Network Rail colleagues help to produce protective gear for NHS
Network Rail employees have worked together to help one colleague’s partner make protective gowns for NHS nurses in Northamptonshire.
Passengers reminded only to make essential journeys this Easter
- Only essential journeys should be made over the Easter weekend
- Reduced timetable will be in operation, while Network Rail’s reduced engineering works programme will also affect some routes
- People who do need to use the railway should check before they travel
Network Rail gives suppliers cashflow boost
Network Rail is giving thousands of British firms a vital boost to their cashflow during the coronavirus crisis, by announcing a move to immediate payments for its suppliers. This means payment could be up to seven days quicker for SMEs and up to 28 days quicker for other suppliers.
West Coast main line moving 1m tonnes of critical supplies every week during Covid-19 crisis
- Scotland’s supermarkets rely on goods by rail to stay stocked
- Biomass fuel arrives by rail to Yorkshire’s Drax power station
- Royal Mail post goes by rail between London and Glasgow
- Petrol for West Midlands arrives by rail from Humberside
Track-engineering father and son keep railway running safely
Railway upgrades by a father-and-son duo are today helping keep critical supplies and key workers moving across Britain.
You lose if you step onto the tracks during school shut-down
- Parents urged to hammer home railway safety message before it’s too late
- Child railway trespass injuries always spike during school closures
- 1st ever opportunity to tune into railway safety lessons from home
Network Rail announces new measures to support retailers and tenants
Network Rail today announced swift and significant measures aimed at supporting retailers in Britain’s busiest and biggest stations, and small business tenants across their commercial estate, as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic begins to severely impact trading.
Results 9 - 16 out of 1606