Network Rail announces £640m contract awards to deliver design services
Network Rail has announced the award of 82 framework contracts to deliver design services across the country, worth an estimated £400m for Control Period 6 (2019-2024) and up to £640m including the options to extend the framework into Control Period 7 (2024-2029).
CodingCats wins HackTrain VI with algorithm to improve operational performance on rail network
- CodingCats – a group of innovators from the tech sector – wins Hack Partners’ sixth HackTrain event
- Its algorithm could allow the rail industry to unlock spare capacity by providing more detailed information on how long trains spend through congested parts of the network and the impact to services
- Eight ideas from the event to be taken forward by Network Rail and hackers as part of a post-Hackathon acceleration initiative, generating results much faster than before
Network Rail and Strukton Rail sign MoU
Network Rail and Strukton Rail have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to support the delivery of Network Rail’s £245m research and development (R&D) portfolio in Control Period 6.
Passengers reminded to check before they travel over Christmas and New Year
- £111m to be invested to improve the network over the Christmas and New Year period
- Vast majority of railway remains open for ‘business as usual’
- A small number of lines see major change where passengers should check before they travel
Drivers urged to ‘Wise Up, Size Up’ ahead of Black Friday rush as Network Rail reveals extent of bridge-bash burden on passengers
With an increase in the number of large goods vehicles expected on Britain’s roads to meet demand for deliveries over Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the Christmas period, Network Rail is issuing a plea to drivers to always check the height of their vehicles before making their journeys.
Results 1 - 8 out of 1571