- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Southern: Wessex news
New bridge for Biscuit Tunnel in Reading is a nod to rich history of the area
Network Rail will replace a historic railway bridge in Reading this weekend (20 March) to allow trains to run at full speed again.
New signals point the way to more reliable services for passengers on Surrey and Berkshire’s royal railway
Network Rail has completed almost week of engineering work on the line from Staines to Windsor and Eton Riverside to improve services and boost the reliability of the railway for decades to come.
VIDEO - Lockdown lift and start of spring sparks youth rail safety warning across SW London, Surrey, Hampshire and Dorset
New data has revealed there was a shocking 48% increase in youth trespass incidents on Network Rail routes from London Waterloo after the region emerged from the first national lockdown.
- Shocking stats1 reveal that the lifting of lockdown in July 2020 prompted a surge in the number of trespass incidents on railways in Surrey, Hampshire and Dorset
- Network Rail and British Transport Police urge parents to discuss rail safety with their children before British Summer Time starts
- New safety film – Parallel Lines- will be broadcast into schools on 18 March by Network Rail’s education partner LearnLive
‘There is always hope’ campaign launched by Network Rail as research shows huge rise in mental health issues across the South East as a result of the pandemic
- 72% of 18-24 year olds in the South East say their mental health has been negatively impacted by the pandemic
- Almost half (47%) of all adults in the South East region are struggling with their mental health
- Network Rail launches new ‘There is Always Hope’ campaign with national mental health charity, Chasing the Stigma
Guildford’s railway set for new footbridge, upgraded track and signalling this Easter
Guildford is set for a large programme of railway improvements this Easter, putting the finishing touches to the biggest improvements to the area in 40 years.
Recognition for South Western Railway and Network Rail team which helps vulnerable people while keeping rail journeys on time in Southern England
Trespass and Welfare Officers deployed to stations across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Surrey and Wiltshire to help vulnerable people on the railway and help keep trains moving have been recognised with a prestigious award.
Network Rail gives ‘Heart of Wessex’ line some love over five-day closure
Passengers travelling on the line between Bristol and Weymouth can look forward to a more reliable railway following vital maintenance between Dorchester West and Castle Cary last week.
Major boost for freight by rail as Southampton upgrade is completed
- £17 million Southampton Freight Train Lengthening project is complete
- More freight capacity unlocked at the country’s second busiest container port
- Tens of thousands more containers of goods to be moved by rail each year
Results 57 - 64 out of 616