Shoppers at London Waterloo will be able to benefit from a free Christmas wrapping service for gifts bought in station shops on Monday and Tuesday next week.
National & regional news
Passengers travelling through Southampton this month reminded to check before travelling ahead of £8 million upgrade work
- Service alterations in Southampton area this Sunday (December 10) and next Sunday (December 17)
- Upgrade work will then take place from 24 December to 1 January, with service alterations throughout
- Network Rail and South Western Railway advise passengers to plan their journey ahead and travel before Christmas Eve on Sunday 24th December if possible
Passengers travelling through Southampton this Christmas advised to plan ahead as £8 million project to renew railway is delivered
- Work will take place from 24 December to 1 January, with significant alteration to services
- Buses will replace trains between Southampton Central and Southampton Airport Parkway; and Southampton Central and Fareham
- Journeys on the line between London, Bournemouth, Poole and Weymouth affected
- Passengers advised to plan their journey ahead and travel before Christmas Eve
Network Rail and South Western Railway are reminding passengers to check before they travel over seven weekends this autumn as work to boost capacity at the station by 30% continues.
Network Rail fully reopened Waterloo station this morning after completing one of the largest and most complex upgrades in the station’s history.