World leading engineers in coastal, tunnel, cliff and railway engineering have begun detailed studies along the route between Teignmouth and Dawlish in Devon, as Network Rail works to safeguard the railway in Devon and Cornwall for future generations.
National & regional news
- Local communities to help shape the final design of a potential new rail link from Reading and Slough to London Heathrow Airport
- Final round of public consultation opens on 11 May
- Six week consultation will include details of the likely benefits of the new railway as well as how any construction and environmental impacts will be managed
Paddington Station 24/7: The perfect match – Network Rail and British Transport Police team up to help thousands of football fans travelling through London Paddington
The second series of the behind the scenes documentary Paddington Station 24/7 continues on Monday 30 April, with an influx of football fans travelling through the station on their way to watch their respective teams, looked after by Network Rail station staff and over 30 police officers who have been drafted in to make sure everything runs without a hitch.
Passengers advised to check before they travel ahead of bank holiday station upgrade works at Ealing Broadway
- Network Rail is upgrading Ealing Broadway station over the early May bank holiday in preparation for the Elizabeth line
- Demolition of Platform 2/3 stairway to make way for the foundations for new passenger footbridge and lifts
- Road closure along The Broadway from 11pm on Friday 4 May to 5am on Tuesday 8 May. TfL buses on diversion
- Community drop-in session on Monday 30 April from 4.30pm to 7pm.
Network Rail successfully delivered the first phase of a vital signalling upgrade in Devon and Cornwall today (23 April) which, once complete, will enable GWR to deliver more frequent services, quicker journeys and more seats between Plymouth and Penzance from 2019.
Paddington Station 24/7 – Dedicated staff work hard to overcome delays and disruption caused by attempted cable theft
The second series of the behind the scenes documentary Paddington Station 24/7 continues on Monday 23 April, as staff are faced with severely disrupted services due to an attempted cable theft in the Bristol area.
Network Rail is planning to carry out a flood resilience project around Station Road in Hele. Flooding has been a long standing problem in the area and a scheme has been developed which will not only reduce the risk of flooding to the railway, but also to nearby homes and businesses.
Paddington Station 24/7 – Episode four sees staff challenged by a number of distressing incidents on the line
The second series of the behind the scenes documentary Paddington Station 24/7 continues on Monday 16 April, as a series of emotive and sombre incidents prove challenging for all those involved.
Residents of Patchway, near Bristol, and the surrounding area are invited to a drop in session this week to find out more about electrification upgrade work in May and June.