National Rail Passenger Survey results show Bristol Temple Meads is the UK’s most improved station
New figures released this week show that Bristol Temple Meads is the overall most improved station in the UK, following a survey carried out by independent watchdog Transport Focus.
Network Rail unveils updated plan to protect vital south west rail line bordered by steep cliffs and the sea
- Updated proposals published for changes to the rail line in south Devon which needs to be better protected from cliff falls, land slips and damage caused by extreme weather
- Public consultation now open until 1 March for local communities across the south west to help shape the final design of the scheme
- Six-week consultation includes details of the plans to realign the railway to make room for corrective measures to stabilise the cliffs
- The updated plans mean most of the beach is retained with improved leisure access and amenities including new, fully accessible coastal walking routes
Extra consultation event added as Network Rail shares updated plans to protect vital railway artery to the south west
Network Rail has added another consultation event in Teignmouth, Devon, as they prepare to share their updated plans to protect a section of railway in south Devon that is bordered by steep cliffs on one side and the sea on the other.
Public consultation round two: Have your say on revised plans to protect vital rail line between Teignmouth and Dawlish
- Local communities invited to view revised plans and help shape final design of changes to vital, vulnerable rail line
- Public consultation opens on 20 January
- Six-week consultation will include further details of proposed realignment of railway, stabilising measures and new public amenities
- 10-metre scale model illustrating proposals to be presented to the public
Alok Sharma MP welcomes development work starting to improve accessibility for Tilehurst station
Passengers at Tilehurst, in Berkshire, could be set to benefit from lifts on all four platforms after Network Rail signalled their intent to develop plans for step-free access at the station.
Network Rail to carry out vital signalling work in Bristol ahead of the introduction of more frequent services this winter
Passengers in the Bristol area are advised to check before travelling over the next two weekends (26-27 October and Sunday 3 November) as Network Rail carries out important signalling work in the area, paving the way for the introduction of more frequent services from December as part of the biggest timetable change in 40 years.
Network Rail invites local children to help decorate Dawlish sea wall hoardings
Network Rail is inviting schoolchildren in Dawlish, Devon, to take part in an art competition that will brighten up hoardings around the new sea wall works close to Dawlish station.
Residents invited to find out more about essential repairs to Waltham Road bridge in Twyford
Residents in Twyford, near Reading, are invited to attend a Network Rail drop-in session on Tuesday 24 September to find out more about upcoming work to repair the steel and masonry on Waltham Road bridge.
Results 41 - 48 out of 819