Ops note: East Grinstead line reopened this morning (Monday) following landslip repairs
The railway between East Grinstead and Lingfield reopened to passenger trains this morning after nearly two months without services.
Network Rail on track to reopen East Grinstead line for Monday – but please do check before you travel and only travel if you have to
Network Rail remains on track to complete landslip repairs to reopen the East Grinstead railway line for key workers and passengers for whom travel is absolutely essential, on Monday 30 March, although the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak could still cause a delay.
Successful emergency landslip repair on target to reopen vital line between Salisbury and Romsey three days ahead of schedule
- Line on target to reopen on Saturday 28 March supporting key workers needing to travel and freight deliveries
- Repair involves building an access road through a flooded field and the installation of 250 metres of 13 metre deep steel sheets to secure the embankment
Network Rail Southern Region appeals for former professional signallers to help the railway keep key workers moving during coronavirus crisis
Network Rail Southern Region operations teams are working hard to keep signalboxes and control centres open 24/7, despite losing staff to self-isolation and sickness during the coronavirus crisis.
Passengers advised to check before they travel as Network Rail renews railway between Greenwich, Blackheath and Deptford for two weekends
For the next two weekends, 7 and 8 March and 14 and 15 March, buses will replace trains along the Greenwich line between Deptford/Blackheath and Plumstead stations, as Network Rail works to lay nearly a kilometre of new track, sleepers and ballast on the line.
Botley line in Hampshire to close for seven days of improvement work this May
- The line between Fareham and Eastleigh will close for improvement works between May 23 and 29
- Engineers will install almost a mile of new track between Fareham and Botley
- Passengers will benefit from a more reliable railway and better performing train journeys
- Bus replacement services and train service diversions will keep passengers moving
Extra help at major London stations for passengers with hidden disabilities
Sunflower-branded lanyards are now available to passengers with hidden disabilities to discreetly show they might need extra help while travelling.
Emergency landslip repairs to close Uckfield line between Hurst Green and Ashurst this weekend (29 February - 1 March)
Network Rail engineers are taking emergency action to shore up a damaged section of railway this weekend on the Uckfield line.
Results 1 - 8 out of 1912