Brighton and south coast passengers invited to have their say on plans to transform service
Passengers, businesses and residents on the south coast are invited to have their say on proposals to transform the reliability of trains on the Brighton Main Line.
Passenger advice campaign steps-up for Brighton Main Line improvements with station-by-station guide to closures
- £67million upgrade sees major work taking place to improve one of South East's least the reliable lines
- New travel advice website to provide station-specific information to travellers on closures
- Passenger information sessions at two dozen stations over next month
New railway technology - used for the first time in the UK - will give Network Rail more time to carry out vital maintenance work on the South Western Railway route
New technology being rolled out across the South Western Railway route is set to give track workers an extra 1,600 hours a year to carry out vital overnight maintenance and renewal work.
£1.4m Chatham station regeneration gets underway
A major regeneration project that will breathe new life into the area around Chatham railway station and improve links between the station, the town centre and the bus station is set to begin.
East Sussex passengers advised to plan ahead this March as railway closes for four days
East Sussex passengers are advised to plan ahead as work to complete a major upgrade of the line between Lewes and Seaford means buses will replace trains on all routes via Lewes – including those to and from Haywards Heath– for four days in March 2019.
Passengers experience faster and more reliable journeys after £21million Sevenoaks tunnel refurbishment
- One of longest tunnels in southern England given biggest overhaul in 150 years
- Work results in a 20% reduction in delay incidents through the tunnel nearly halving journey times for passengers
- Drainage systems improved with track and sleepers replaced
Small talk helping to save lives across the south western rail network
Small Talk Saves Lives campaign urges public to look out for those at risk.
Life-size indoor train station to help hammer home safety messages to young people
Young people can now learn the dangers of the railway first-hand after a life-size train station was built indoors.
Results 73 - 80 out of 1894