Snow and ice treatment trains ready to keep passengers moving during winter weather
Network Rail’s fleet of snow and ice treatment trains are ready to keep passengers moving this winter and minimise disruption.
Ice, ice maybe? The weather outside may turn frightful, but Network Rail and Southeastern’s snow-and-ice-busting trains will work around the clock to keep you moving
- Fleet of snow-and-ice-busting trains to travel the equivalent of six times around the world to keep Kent and East Sussex railway open during freezing weather.
- Anti-icing gel, track heaters and snow ploughs all prepared for when the temperature drops.
Network Rail’s ‘team orange’ complete Christmas railway upgrades to benefit South Western Railway passengers
Network Rail’s ‘team orange’ have successfully carried out a number of upgrades over the festive period to provide a better, more reliable train service for passengers on the south western rail network.
London’s busiest toilets close for £4m revamp – but you still won’t need to spend a penny when they reopen
The capital’s busiest toilets are set to close from Christmas Eve until April 2019 as Network Rail undertakes a major redesign and refurbishment of the facilities at London Victoria station.
South Western Railway passengers advised to check before travelling over festive period
South Western Railway passengers have been urged to plan ahead this festive period as Network Rail carry out important upgrade work as part of a nationwide investment of more than £148 million.
Sussex and Surrey passengers reminded to check before travelling over the festive period as Network Rail takes to the tracks for major railway upgrades
Passengers are advised to check before travelling by train over the Christmas and New Year period as Network Rail carries out a major reliability upgrade that will close London Victoria to Southern and Gatwick Express services and alter services on the railway west of Brighton.
Kent and south east London passengers reminded to check before travelling over the festive period as Network Rail takes to the tracks for major railway upgrades
Passengers are advised to check before travelling by train over the Christmas and New Year period as Network Rail carries out a major programme of improvements to the south east’s rail network.
VIDEO: Network Rail partners with Thomas & Friends™ to teach children railway safety
- Rail industry teams up with Thomas the Tank Engine to teach children how to stay safe on the railway
- Free book is distributed in libraries, nurseries and doctor's surgeries across south London, Kent, Sussex and Surrey
- Lord Mayor of Canterbury launches book by reading to children at Choo Choo day nursery in Whitstable
Results 65 - 72 out of 1894