South East news
Bexleyheath line to close for 9-days in February 2020 for major engineering work
- 9-day closure on the Bexleyheath line from Saturday 15 – Sunday 23 February 2020, for a major work to protect passengers from landslips
- Engineers will remove thousands of tonnes of soil to reduce the incline of the cutting and build retaining walls with steel beams hammered six metres into the ground
- The work will protect this section of the railway line from landslips for 120 years
- Working with Southeastern, we will keep passengers moving by increasing services on other lines
Network Rail confirms new route director for Sussex as the Passenger First evolution in the Southern region continues
- Network Rail Southern region have confirmed the appointment of Shaun King as route director, Sussex
- Several members of the new regional leadership team which go live today (Monday 16 September) have also been appointed
Network Rail confirms new route director for Kent as the Passenger First evolution continues
Network Rail Southern region has confirmed the appointment of Fiona Taylor as route director for Kent in a restructure focused on improving passenger experience.
London Bridge passengers can escape the rush at a new garden oasis unveiled on Stainer Street
New lifts officially opened at Carshalton station with Tom Brake MP and local campaigners
Trespasser jailed for climbing on top of a tunnel owned by Network Rail in London and causing mass rail disruption
- A man who blocked trains between London, Kent and France by climbing on top of a tunnel overlooking railway lines near St Pancras International Station has been jailed.
Network Rail partners with contest helping young engineers’ inventions take-off
Autumn half-term rail closures on the West Coastway, passengers advised to plan ahead
Rail passengers in West Sussex and Hampshire are advised to plan ahead and allow more time for their journeys over the autumn half-term and some further weekends afterwards as Network Rail works to complete a multi-million-pound upgrade of the lines between Barnham, Chichester and Havant.
Results 33 - 40 out of 1651