South East news
Sussex and Surrey passengers reminded to check before travelling over the festive period as Network Rail takes to the tracks for major railway upgrades
Passengers are advised to check before travelling by train over the Christmas and New Year period as Network Rail carries out a major reliability upgrade that will close London Victoria to Southern and Gatwick Express services and alter services on the railway west of Brighton.
Kent and south east London passengers reminded to check before travelling over the festive period as Network Rail takes to the tracks for major railway upgrades
Passengers are advised to check before travelling by train over the Christmas and New Year period as Network Rail carries out a major programme of improvements to the south east’s rail network.
VIDEO: Network Rail partners with Thomas & Friends™ to teach children railway safety
- Rail industry teams up with Thomas the Tank Engine to teach children how to stay safe on the railway
- Free book is distributed in libraries, nurseries and doctor's surgeries across south London, Kent, Sussex and Surrey
- Lord Mayor of Canterbury launches book by reading to children at Choo Choo day nursery in Whitstable
Brighton and south coast passengers invited to have their say on plans to transform service
Passengers, businesses and residents on the south coast are invited to have their say on proposals to transform the reliability of trains on the Brighton Main Line.
Passenger advice campaign steps-up for Brighton Main Line improvements with station-by-station guide to closures
- £67million upgrade sees major work taking place to improve one of South East's least the reliable lines
- New travel advice website to provide station-specific information to travellers on closures
- Passenger information sessions at two dozen stations over next month
£1.4m Chatham station regeneration gets underway
A major regeneration project that will breathe new life into the area around Chatham railway station and improve links between the station, the town centre and the bus station is set to begin.
East Sussex passengers advised to plan ahead this March as railway closes for four days
East Sussex passengers are advised to plan ahead as work to complete a major upgrade of the line between Lewes and Seaford means buses will replace trains on all routes via Lewes – including those to and from Haywards Heath– for four days in March 2019.
Passengers experience faster and more reliable journeys after £21million Sevenoaks tunnel refurbishment
- One of longest tunnels in southern England given biggest overhaul in 150 years
- Work results in a 20% reduction in delay incidents through the tunnel nearly halving journey times for passengers
- Drainage systems improved with track and sleepers replaced
Results 65 - 72 out of 1615