South East news
Kent rail passengers to benefit from £10m project to improve passenger information systems
- Passengers across Kent, East Sussex and south east London are benefitting from better journey information following a two-year collaborative effort between Network Rail and train operator Southeastern.
Cannon Street railway bridge owned by Network Rail receives makeover as part of £45m artwork project
- Four of the Thames’s most famous bridges including Cannon Street have been transformed with the launch of the first phase of Illuminated River
- An ambitious new art commission for London that will eventually see up to 15 bridges lit along the Thames
South East route gets ready for record-breaking heatwave on Thursday 25 July
- Temperatures across London and the South East are forecast to reach 37°C on Thursday and steel rail temperatures could rise to well over 50°C.
- Network Rail has activated its ‘extreme weather action teams’ (EWATs) across the South East and passengers are advised to check before they travel.
- To reduce the risk of buckling and to keep passengers safe, we have to introduce speed restrictions which means fewer trains can run and they’re likely to be much busier and take longer to complete their journeys.
Last call for feedback on plans to upgrade Norwood Junction
- Rail passengers and local residents are reminded they have until Friday 26 July 2019 to have their say on Network Rail proposals to upgrade Norwood Junction station.
- The plans will provide more frequent and reliable services, as well as a modern, accessible station fit for the 21st Century.
Unique footbridge design set to provide safer access across the railway at South Downs National Park
- Local people and visitors are set to enjoy safer access across the railway at Tide Mills in the South Downs National Park after Network Rail’s proposals for a stunning new footbridge were approved.
East Sussex passengers advised to plan ahead this November as railway closes for four days
Network Rail is today advising passengers in part of East Sussex to plan ahead as work to complete a major upgrade of the line between Lewes and Seaford means buses1 will replace trains on various routes via Lewes. This is for four days, Thursday 28 November - Sunday 1 December 2019.
London Bridge station named on shortlist for RIBA Stirling Prize 2019
London Bridge Station was today named in the shortlist for UK architecture’s most prestigious award, the RIBA Stirling Prize 2019.
2019 Diversity & Inclusion conference brings 200 Network Rail, Southeastern and GTR delegates together to drive change
- “Inspirational” and “thought-provoking” conference hosted by Patrick Verwer, GTR Chief Executive Officer, David Statham, Southeastern MD, and John Halsall, Network Rail Southern region MD
- Guest speakers including Diane Lightfoot OBE, CEO of the Business Disability Forum, and Blessing Buraimoh, Diversity Adviser for Business in the Community, shared how the industry can better reflect the customers it serves
Results 41 - 48 out of 1651