London Charing Cross and Waterloo East stations have now reopened following repairs to a faulty gas main in a nearby road which required a cordon to be put in place by emergency services.
National & regional news
UPDATE: London Charing Cross and Waterloo East stations remain closed until further notice following gas leak
London Charing Cross and Waterloo East stations will remain closed as a precaution until further notice following a gas leak in a nearby road.
Work has begun to prepare Ashford International’s high-speed platforms for new international trains, including e320 Eurostar trains, which will safeguard direct high-speed international services from Ashford.
Passengers advised to plan ahead as Brighton Main Line rail improvement project is announced for October 2018 and February 2019
Rail passengers across Sussex are being urged to plan ahead as a ‘once-in-a-generation’ upgrade to the southern end of the Brighton Main Line was announced today by Network Rail and Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR).
London Bridge is open! Final section of massive new concourse and five new platforms open to the public as historic redevelopment begins countdown to completion
- London Bridge’s huge new concourse and five new platforms open to the public
- Cannon Street services will now resume stopping at London Bridge
- New platform built at Redhill to increase capacity and reduce delays on the Brighton Main Line
- All part of Network Rail’s £160m Christmas investment programme
Last few days for passengers to plan their journeys ahead of Network Rail’s bumper Christmas investment
- Major service restrictions will be in place from Saturday 23 December to 1 January
- Improvement work at Sevenoaks Tunnel between Tonbridge and Sevenoaks from Saturday, 23 to Tuesday, 26 December
- Work to complete the new platform at Redhill station from Saturday, 23 December to Monday, 1 January 2018.
- On 2 January the final section of London Bridge’s huge, modern concourse will open
- Platforms 1 – 5 will be complete, allowing Cannon Street services to once again call at London Bridge
Rail passengers in Carshalton can look forward to easier journeys as Network Rail’s proposals for step-free access between the station entrances and platforms move a step closer.
A major project to refurbish a historic railway viaduct over the River Adur in Shoreham is close to completion after more than a year’s work by Network Rail engineers.
On track for 2018! All tracks surrounding landmark London Bridge station are now in place and ready for the New Year
Network Rail’s Thameslink Programme has reached another crucial milestone ahead of the New Year with the completion of all track work around London Bridge.