South East news
Kent and south London passengers advised to check before they travel ahead of late May bank holiday weekend
- Thousands of Network Rail staff will work around the clock to deliver a multi-million-pound programme of work
- Most of the railway in Kent and south London will remain open over the bank holiday weekend (25 – 27 May) but some routes will be affected
London Bridge station named building of the year
London Bridge Station has scooped two prestigious awards in the Royal Institute of British Architects regional awards for London.
Improving accessibility for passengers at Coulsdon South
Network Rail will be installing lifts to the platforms and a new footbridge to be provide step-free access at Coulsdon South for the first time.
London Bridge station installs contactless donation point to help tackle homelessness one tap at a time
Joint venture with TAP London, a non-profit organisation who support a coalition of 22 charities including Shelter, Crisis, YMCA and a range of small local homelessness charities
New exhibition shows how the Thameslink Programme untangled the tracks
The London Transport Museum plays host to an exhibition which shows how the ambitious 10-year £7bn government sponsored Thameslink Programme has transformed the route and improved north-south travel through London.
London teen who survived 34% burns after electric shock backs rail industry's You Vs. Train campaign to educate young people
- Teenager scarred for life after being hit by 25,000 volts of electricity
- Inigo Sweeney-Lynch spent two months in hospital, had three operations and had to learn to walk again
- Now he's backing rail industry campaign to educate young people about the hidden dangers on the railway
Siding with sustainability
An overgrown railway siding at Eastbourne has been brought back into use by recycling track removed during the successful Three Bridges to Brighton blockade in February.
Network Rail and celebrated street artist team up to mark the 400-year anniversary of famed Shakespearean actor Richard Burbage
Network Rail South East has today unveiled its 50th railway bridge mural – this time of Shakespearean legend Richard Burbage on the 400th anniversary of the thespian’s death.
Results 25 - 32 out of 1615