South East news
South East route gets ready for record-breaking heatwave on Thursday 25 July
- Temperatures across London and the South East are forecast to reach 37°C on Thursday and steel rail temperatures could rise to well over 50°C.
- Network Rail has activated its ‘extreme weather action teams’ (EWATs) across the South East and passengers are advised to check before they travel.
- To reduce the risk of buckling and to keep passengers safe, we have to introduce speed restrictions which means fewer trains can run and they’re likely to be much busier and take longer to complete their journeys.
Last call for feedback on plans to upgrade Norwood Junction
- Rail passengers and local residents are reminded they have until Friday 26 July 2019 to have their say on Network Rail proposals to upgrade Norwood Junction station.
- The plans will provide more frequent and reliable services, as well as a modern, accessible station fit for the 21st Century.
Unique footbridge design set to provide safer access across the railway at South Downs National Park
- Local people and visitors are set to enjoy safer access across the railway at Tide Mills in the South Downs National Park after Network Rail’s proposals for a stunning new footbridge were approved.
East Sussex passengers advised to plan ahead this November as railway closes for four days
Network Rail is today advising passengers in part of East Sussex to plan ahead as work to complete a major upgrade of the line between Lewes and Seaford means buses1 will replace trains on various routes via Lewes. This is for four days, Thursday 28 November - Sunday 1 December 2019.
London Bridge station named on shortlist for RIBA Stirling Prize 2019
London Bridge Station was today named in the shortlist for UK architecture’s most prestigious award, the RIBA Stirling Prize 2019.
2019 Diversity & Inclusion conference brings 200 Network Rail, Southeastern and GTR delegates together to drive change
- “Inspirational” and “thought-provoking” conference hosted by Patrick Verwer, GTR Chief Executive Officer, David Statham, Southeastern MD, and John Halsall, Network Rail Southern region MD
- Guest speakers including Diane Lightfoot OBE, CEO of the Business Disability Forum, and Blessing Buraimoh, Diversity Adviser for Business in the Community, shared how the industry can better reflect the customers it serves
London Bridge station rebuild earns top CEEQUAL score
The rebuilding of London Bridge station has been awarded top marks in the prestigious CEEQUAL scheme.
Accessibility Minister visits South East London to mark first anniversary of government’s Inclusive Transport Strategy
Network Rail and Southeastern welcomed the Accessibility Minister, Nusrat Ghani MP, to Hither Green and New Eltham stations on Monday (8 July) to mark the first anniversary of the government's Inclusive Transport Strategy.
Results 17 - 24 out of 1625