South East news
Signalling repair works continue between Chichester and Barnham
Disruption to services between Chichester and Barnham will continue into Tuesday as Network Rail engineers work to fix a signalling fault on the line.
Network Rail apologises for disruption of services between Chichester and Barnham
Network Rail has today apologised to passengers for the continued closure of the railway between Chichester and Barnham due to signal faults.
Impacts to West Coastway passengers and diversions for motorists as multi-million-pound line upgrade work kicks off
- Rail passengers and motorists in West Sussex and Hampshire are reminded to allow extra travel time for their journeys and to check before travelling
- Network Rail will undertake a major upgrade of the lines between Barnham, Chichester and Havant from Saturday 26 October 2019
VIDEO: Shocking footage shows near miss with high speed train near Gravesend
Level crossing users in the south east are being warned to stay safe when travelling over the railway, after Network Rail released shocking footage showing motorcyclists unlawfully using a pedestrian crossing and coming within inches of a fatal collision with a Southeastern Highspeed train.
Ashford and Kent rail passengers advised to check before they travel as part of major Christmas upgrade
Ashford and Kent rail passengers are advised to plan ahead and check before they travel over Christmas 2019, especially if travelling on Friday 27 December, as Network Rail works to improve the railway as part of record investment plans for the Kent network.
Make an epic career choice with the Level 3 Engineering Apprenticeship scheme
- The scheme is open to anyone who will be aged 18 on or before 29 March 2020 with no upper age limit
- Three years of expert training and a lifetime of engineering possibilities
- Applications are now open, and the scheme starts in March 2020
Results 9 - 16 out of 1638