South East news
Passengers experience faster and more reliable journeys after £21million Sevenoaks tunnel refurbishment
- One of longest tunnels in southern England given biggest overhaul in 150 years
- Work results in a 20% reduction in delay incidents through the tunnel nearly halving journey times for passengers
- Drainage systems improved with track and sleepers replaced
Life-size indoor train station to help hammer home safety messages to young people
Young people can now learn the dangers of the railway first-hand after a life-size train station was built indoors.
Network Rail South East remembers the fallen
Network Rail South East marked the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War with a series of remembrance events at stations as respects were paid to the railway workers and all those who served, sacrificed and changed our world.
More of us are acting to prevent suicide on the railway, new statistics reveal
New statistics reveal a 50 per cent increase in the number of times the public has acted to prevent a suicide on the railway in the south east.
Level crossing where motorists risk their lives set for major upgrade
- Major safety upgrade for the region's most misused level crossing
- Vital work will combat drivers jumping the lights and swerving the barriers
- Speed restriction imposed to stop a collision is now set to be lifted, so trains can travel at full speed again after six years
- Residents warned of two closures in November and January so the work can be completed
£8.2m Christmas upgrade to boost reliability for passengers travelling into London Victoria
Rail passengers across Sussex, south London and parts of Surrey and people travelling to Gatwick Airport are being warned of disruption this Christmas as Network Rail spends £8.2m upgrading one of Britain's busiest railway junctions.
Brighton Mainline Improvements on schedule as passengers reminded of November closures
VIDEO: Remember, remember the fifth of November as public consultation begins on plans to remove Britain’s worst railway bottleneck
Residents across the south east are being reminded to have their say on plans for a major railway upgrade when a public consultation begins on November 5.
Results 105 - 112 out of 1648