South East news
East Sussex passengers advised to plan ahead this March as railway closes for four days
East Sussex passengers are advised to plan ahead as work to complete a major upgrade of the line between Lewes and Seaford means buses will replace trains on all routes via Lewes – including those to and from Haywards Heath– for four days in March 2019.
Passengers experience faster and more reliable journeys after £21million Sevenoaks tunnel refurbishment
- One of longest tunnels in southern England given biggest overhaul in 150 years
- Work results in a 20% reduction in delay incidents through the tunnel nearly halving journey times for passengers
- Drainage systems improved with track and sleepers replaced
Life-size indoor train station to help hammer home safety messages to young people
Young people can now learn the dangers of the railway first-hand after a life-size train station was built indoors.
Network Rail South East remembers the fallen
Network Rail South East marked the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War with a series of remembrance events at stations as respects were paid to the railway workers and all those who served, sacrificed and changed our world.
More of us are acting to prevent suicide on the railway, new statistics reveal
New statistics reveal a 50 per cent increase in the number of times the public has acted to prevent a suicide on the railway in the south east.
Level crossing where motorists risk their lives set for major upgrade
- Major safety upgrade for the region's most misused level crossing
- Vital work will combat drivers jumping the lights and swerving the barriers
- Speed restriction imposed to stop a collision is now set to be lifted, so trains can travel at full speed again after six years
- Residents warned of two closures in November and January so the work can be completed
£8.2m Christmas upgrade to boost reliability for passengers travelling into London Victoria
Rail passengers across Sussex, south London and parts of Surrey and people travelling to Gatwick Airport are being warned of disruption this Christmas as Network Rail spends £8.2m upgrading one of Britain's busiest railway junctions.
Results 81 - 88 out of 1625