Bolina Road reopened to the public following a major transformation by the Network Rail team working on the Bermondsey Dive Under, a vital new piece of infrastructure in south London.
National & regional news
A spectacular new mural welcoming people to the Ladywell area of Lewisham has been completed on Friday (31 March) thanks to a partnership involving Network Rail, Lewisham Council and local residents.
South East runs on rail: New figures show the full extent of the rail industry’s contribution to Kent and south east London
- Network Rail supports around 39,547 local jobs in the South East and last year £1.94 billion was spent with 646 local businesses
- Southeastern employs more than 4,000 people and has raised more than £23,000 for local charity the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust
- Improvements being delivered in the South East include: the Thameslink Programme –which is building a new station at London Bridge; a new station building at Strood in Kent; a new platform at Redhill, and better journey times between Ramsgate and Ashford
- Improvements already delivered since 2014 include a completely new station in Rochester, Kent and new signalling through the Medway Towns
- £100 million is spent every single week by Network Rail on improving the railway in Britain
‘Once more unto the beach, dear friends!’ Channel swimmers join Network Rail to celebrate reopening of Shakespeare Beach
For decades, Channel swimmers have begun their epic journeys towards France from Shakespeare Beach in Dover. Now for the first time since Boxing Day 2015, when a massive storm damaged the sea wall behind the beach and the railway above it, swimmers can return to the shingle shore and enjoy one of Dover’s hidden gems after a new footbridge restored access to the beach.
A new and improved footbridge to take pedestrians safely over one of London’s busiest rail lines through Wandsworth Common was officially opened by students from nearby Northcote Lodge School on Tuesday 22nd March.
Rail passengers in the South East reminded to check before they travel this Easter and plan ahead for August and Christmas
A month before the four-day Easter weekend, passengers are reminded to plan ahead and check before they travel as Network Rail carries out essential railway upgrades across the south east.
More housing and more train passengers – Network Rail sets out 30-year plan to cater for growth in south east London and Kent
Plans to make sure the railway can continue to accommodate huge growth in passengers and freight in south east London and Kent have been published by Network Rail – and you can have your say.
Rail reliability boost for passengers in Wimbledon, Sutton and Mitcham as £45m railway upgrade gets under way
Rail passengers in the Sutton to Wimbledon and Mitcham corridor can look forward to better, more reliable journeys as a £45m railway upgrade gets under way.
Hi-tech warning signs at South London railway bridge reduce bridge strikes by a third and cut delays to trains
The number of lorries hitting the notorious Thurlow Park Bridge over the A205 South Circular Road in Tulse Hill, London, has fallen by more than a third since new smart warning signs were introduced last summer, reducing delays to rail passengers and motorists.