South East news
Ice, ice maybe? The weather outside may turn frightful, but Network Rail and Southeastern’s snow-and-ice-busting trains will work around the clock to keep you moving
- Fleet of snow-and-ice-busting trains to travel the equivalent of six times around the world to keep Kent and East Sussex railway open during freezing weather.
- Anti-icing gel, track heaters and snow ploughs all prepared for when the temperature drops.
London’s busiest toilets close for £4m revamp – but you still won’t need to spend a penny when they reopen
The capital’s busiest toilets are set to close from Christmas Eve until April 2019 as Network Rail undertakes a major redesign and refurbishment of the facilities at London Victoria station.
Sussex and Surrey passengers reminded to check before travelling over the festive period as Network Rail takes to the tracks for major railway upgrades
Passengers are advised to check before travelling by train over the Christmas and New Year period as Network Rail carries out a major reliability upgrade that will close London Victoria to Southern and Gatwick Express services and alter services on the railway west of Brighton.
Kent and south east London passengers reminded to check before travelling over the festive period as Network Rail takes to the tracks for major railway upgrades
Passengers are advised to check before travelling by train over the Christmas and New Year period as Network Rail carries out a major programme of improvements to the south east’s rail network.
VIDEO: Network Rail partners with Thomas & Friends™ to teach children railway safety
- Rail industry teams up with Thomas the Tank Engine to teach children how to stay safe on the railway
- Free book is distributed in libraries, nurseries and doctor's surgeries across south London, Kent, Sussex and Surrey
- Lord Mayor of Canterbury launches book by reading to children at Choo Choo day nursery in Whitstable
Brighton and south coast passengers invited to have their say on plans to transform service
Passengers, businesses and residents on the south coast are invited to have their say on proposals to transform the reliability of trains on the Brighton Main Line.
Passenger advice campaign steps-up for Brighton Main Line improvements with station-by-station guide to closures
- £67million upgrade sees major work taking place to improve one of South East's least the reliable lines
- New travel advice website to provide station-specific information to travellers on closures
- Passenger information sessions at two dozen stations over next month
£1.4m Chatham station regeneration gets underway
A major regeneration project that will breathe new life into the area around Chatham railway station and improve links between the station, the town centre and the bus station is set to begin.
Results 73 - 80 out of 1625