- Final section of London Bridge’s huge, modern, street-level concourse will open
- Platforms 1 – 5 will be complete, allowing Cannon Street services to once again call at London Bridge
- Two new entrances to London Bridge station, connecting Tooley Street to St Thomas Street
- Final major piece of engineering work affecting working days for the Thameslink Programme
- All part of Network Rail’s bumper £160m country-wide Christmas investment programme
National & regional news
New campaign encourages public to intervene to help prevent railway suicides in the South East.
Imagine driving a train with more than 1,000 passengers on board, all relying on you to carry them safely home to their families. You need to know that the train will stop where you want it to, when you want it to, whatever the weather.
Lorry drivers urged ‘check it, don’t chance it’ as Network Rail reveals railway bridge bashes in the South East cost £7.5m each year
Drivers of lorries and buses who take a chance driving under railway bridges without knowing the height of their vehicles are being targeted by a new campaign after figures revealed the true cost of ‘bridge bashes’ in the south east.
- Striking new station building and concourse, delivered by Network Rail as part of the Crossrail project, has opened to Southeastern passengers
Diversions for motorists and changes to trains in south west London as £45m railway upgrade continues
Motorists and train passengers in south west London are being advised to allow more time for their journeys and to check before travelling as Network Rail continues work on a major railway signalling upgrade in Sutton and Mitcham areas this weekend.
VIDEO: Warning to road users after CCTV spots cyclist getting stuck behind level crossing gates in West Sussex
Network Rail is reminding road users to pay attention to red lights at level crossings after a mobile CCTV van spotted a cyclist getting caught behind the barriers in West Sussex.
Passengers at one of Britain’s busiest railway stations will get a very different soundtrack to their commute on Thursday as one of Britain’s leading classical pianists plays at London Bridge.
Passengers in the south east advised to plan their journeys ahead of major rail upgrades this Christmas and New Year
With Christmas less than twelve weeks away, passengers across the south east are advised to plan ahead as there will be major changes to rail services and significant closures throughout the Christmas and New Year period.