Network Rail South East marked the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War with a series of remembrance events at stations as respects were paid to the railway workers and all those who served, sacrificed and changed our world.
National & regional news
New statistics reveal a 50 per cent increase in the number of times the public has acted to prevent a suicide on the railway in the south east.
- Major safety upgrade for the region's most misused level crossing
- Vital work will combat drivers jumping the lights and swerving the barriers
- Speed restriction imposed to stop a collision is now set to be lifted, so trains can travel at full speed again after six years
- Residents warned of two closures in November and January so the work can be completed
Rail passengers across Sussex, south London and parts of Surrey and people travelling to Gatwick Airport are being warned of disruption this Christmas as Network Rail spends £8.2m upgrading one of Britain's busiest railway junctions.
VIDEO: Remember, remember the fifth of November as public consultation begins on plans to remove Britain’s worst railway bottleneck
Residents across the south east are being reminded to have their say on plans for a major railway upgrade when a public consultation begins on November 5.
- Stainer Street transformed into ‘pedestrian-only’ walkway for first time reconnecting communities on either side of station
- Adorned by artwork by leading South London artist Mark Titchner offering visitors a chance to reflect
Sussex rail passengers urged to have their say on ‘transformational’ plans to boost reliability on London to Brighton line
Passengers and the public across East and West Sussex will be able to have their say on proposals for a major railway upgrade to improve punctuality, speed up journey times and enable more trains to run on the Brighton Main Line.
Croydon residents urged to have their say on plans to boost rail reliability and transform East Croydon station
People in Croydon will be able to have their say on proposals for a major railway upgrade – including the expansion and redevelopment of East Croydon station – after Network Rail today announced a six-week public consultation will take place in November and December.