- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
North West & Central news
Future journeys made more reliable by major work on Furness line in Arnside
Work to reinforce a steep railway embankment is now complete to make future journeys on the railway between Barrow-in-Furness and Lancaster more reliable.
Railway manager helps organise lock-down give-away of 1,000 Easter eggs
The railway has teamed up with the fire brigade to carry out a huge Easter egg give away for children in Cumbria.
Key rail upgrades completed on West Coast main line over Easter weekend
- Passengers making essential journeys thanked for their patience over Easter weekend
- West Coast main line upgrades include work at Bletchley, Wolverhampton and Chorley to improve future journeys
Supermarket stock takes scenic route during Covid-19 lock-down
Freight trains will move 34,000 tonnes of supermarket produce across the English-Scottish border this Easter weekend despite their usual rail route being shut for planned upgrades.
Emergency 25,000v overhead line repairs keep critical supplies moving on West Coast main line
Engineers raced to make emergency repairs on the West Coast main line to avoid major disruption to 1m tonnes of freight being moved on the railway line each week.
Abseiling rail workers reach new heights to keep passengers on the move
Abseiling teams have been securing a steep railway cutting making it more reliable for passengers on the line between Liverpool and Ormskirk.
Food bank collection point created at Manchester Piccadilly station
Manchester Piccadilly station has opened a collection point for food bank donations during the coronavirus pandemic.
Essential travel only on West Coast main line this Easter
- Only essential journeys should be made over the Easter weekend
- West Coast main line upgrades include work at Bletchley, Wolverhampton and Chorley to improve services for passengers
- People who do need to use the railway should check before they travel
Results 57 - 64 out of 1069