- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
North West & Central news
Passengers kept on the move between Christmas and New Year
- Railway improvements planned to ensure people can get home for Christmas
- Majority of West Coast main line, Midlands and North West rail routes open as normal
- Journeys are impacted on the Chiltern line and between Manchester and Leeds
- Please ‘Look before you book’ to know your travel options
Signalling fault in Wigan causing delays to rail passengers
Passengers are being warned of major disruption to trains after a fault with signalling equipment in Wigan.
Railway restoration for historic Settle to Carlisle signal box
A Grade II listed signal box on one of the country’s most picturesque rail routes has been refurbished to improve future journeys for passengers and freight.
Advance notice to passengers about Manchester Piccadilly lift work
Passengers are being advised about work next year to replace the lift giving access to platforms 13 and 14 at Manchester Piccadilly station.
Drone footage shows West Coast main line secured from landslips
Work is now complete to protect railway journeys on the West Coast main line after moving land was secured between Milton Keynes and Birmingham.
Railway rescue for legally protected great crested newts
Specially protected great crested newts have been rescued by railway workers during maintenance work in Worcestershire.
Manchester Piccadilly station sees busiest day since March 2020
The return of the Christmas markets has seen daily passenger numbers at Manchester Piccadilly station return to levels not seen since before the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.
New Street’s Christmas Eve meal returns as take-away for 2021
Birmingham New Street station’s highly successful Christmas Eve meal for the city’s homeless is returning once again as a take-out service.
Results 65 - 72 out of 1431