- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
North West & Central news
Birmingham brick Victorian viaducts get railway revamp
Two Victorian-built railway viaducts in Birmingham are having essential repairs to make them more reliable for passenger and freight journeys.
Euston launches UK's first British Sign Language station announcements
London Euston has become the first railway station in the country to provide the latest passenger information using British Sign Language.
Float-away helium party balloon delays trains to Liverpool
A helium balloon has caused delays to rail passengers after it got tangled in 25,000-volt overhead electric cables which power trains on Merseyside.
Bank holiday rail upgrades complete between London and Cumbria
Network Rail has completed essential upgrades to the railway between Euston, the Midlands, North West and Cumbria over the late May bank holiday.
Birmingham New Seats: station set for summer city picnickers
Passengers and the public now have a new outdoor seating area at Birmingham New Street station.
Snakes on a plain: track workers protect reptiles’ railway residence
Network Rail is helping to protect snakes and lizards which have made the railway their home in Cumbria.
Before and after video shows historic Calder Valley viaduct restored
A 181-year-old viaduct designed by railway pioneer George Stephenson has been painstakingly restored to improve passenger journeys in the Calder Valley.
‘Look before you book’ late May bank holiday travel advice
- Railway improvements between London, the West Midlands, North West and Scotland are taking place between 29-31 May
- Future passenger and freight journeys will benefit from £14.5m investment
- Passengers advised to ‘look before they book’ and travel at quieter times
Results 89 - 96 out of 1340