London North Eastern & East Midlands news
Rail industry issues reminder to passengers as first planned closure of East Coast Main Line in 20 years is fast approaching
- £1.2billion investment will see first closure of East Coast Main Line in 20 years
- No trains able to run between Peterborough or Cambridge and London King’s Cross or London St Pancras International
- Passengers urged not to travel to/from London on Saturday, 24 and Sunday 25 August
Eastern region appoints the Route Directors who will be responsible for Putting Passengers and Freight Customers First
Rob McIntosh, managing director of Network Rail’s Eastern Region, has today announced several appointments to his new senior management team.
Celebrations as £1.1million improvement work at Worksop station receives national award
Worksop railway station has won a National Railway Heritage Award following a £1.1million investment to restore and preserve parts of the station.
Gateshead parents urged to speak to their children about dangers of playing on railway
Network Rail is urging parents to speak to their children about the dangers of playing on the railway and the importance of using level crossings safely after recent incidents at Peth Lane level crossing in Ryton.
Reduced service on East Coast Main Line as work on major railway upgrade continues
- Passengers urged to check before travelling as there is a reduced service on the East Coast Main Line on 13/14 July
- Work is part of a major revamp of the line and is a key stage in reopening a disused railway tunnel
- The East Coast Upgrade will bring significant benefits for passengers
York primary school pupils come out top in railway competition
Four students from Osbaldwick Primary Academy have come out top in a railway competition which encourages children to get involved in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) activities.
Stunning photos give sneak peek of the new roof at Leeds station
Spectacular pictures of the new transparent roof at Leeds railway station have been released by Network Rail.
County Councillor visits newly improved Northumberland station
Prudhoe South County Councillor and Chairman of Tynedale Local Area Council, Gordon Stewart visited Prudhoe railway station on Thursday, 20 June to see the improvements which have been carried out by Network Rail and Northern.
Results 81 - 88 out of 526