- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Eastern: East Midlands news
Network Rail transforms Northamptonshire work compound into first habitat to protect wildlife following major railway upgrades
Network Rail has transformed a site in Finedon – which was a temporary work compound whilst vital railway upgrades took place – into a specific area to protect wildlife for years to come.
Network Rail joins community in South Wigston in project to tackle vandalism and trespassing
Network Rail – along with East Midlands Railway, Cross Country and British Transport Police - has joined forces with passengers and people in South Wigston as part of a scheme to tackle trespass and vandalism.
Work ramps up as Network Rail upgrades track and signalling over August Bank Holiday ready to connect Midland Main Line with new Brent Cross West station
- Essential railway upgrades are taking place over August Bank Holiday weekend – ready to connect services to Brent Cross West station when it opens next year
- Network Rail will also continue with Kentish Town track upgrades and replace points between Kentish Town and West Hampstead
- Work planned to minimise disruption as much as possible as railway welcomes passengers back
- Changes to East Midlands Railway and Thameslink services – passengers advised to plan ahead
Network Rail brightens up Nottinghamshire bridge to help tackle graffiti
Network Rail has joined forces with an artist, East Midlands Railway and the Poacher Line Community Rail Partnership to brighten up the road bridge at Netherfield station and help tackle graffiti near the railway.
Lincolnshire Level Crossing Manager issues personal plea for people to use crossings safely
As the summer holidays get underway and COVID restrictions have lifted, one of Network Rail’s level crossing managers is urging people in Lincolnshire to make sure they know how to stay safe when using crossings.
Network Rail completes £2.8million Manton bridge upgrade
Network Rail has completed a major project to replace Manton railway bridge in Rutland, which was over 150 years old.
Network Rail launches new safety warning after 41% of adults in the East Midlands say they would step onto the tracks to retrieve their mobile phone
- 41% of adults across the East Midlands say they would retrieve their phone from the track, 41% would risk everything for their purse or wallet and 42% would get their keys
- 890 trespass incidents reported between April 2020 and March 2021 across Network Rail’s East Midlands route3
- New safety film – Shattered Lives – highlights the devastating consequences of adult trespass
- There are other hidden dangers, such as the lethal current which runs through the overhead lines. They are always on so always stay off
Network Rail boosts reliability of Charnwood level crossing this month
Network Rail is carrying out work to improve Rearsby level crossing in Charnwood later this month to make sure it remains fit for purpose for years to come.
Results 1 - 8 out of 65