- All Routes
- Eastern: Anglia
- Eastern: East Coast
- Eastern: East Midlands
- Eastern: North & East
- North West & Central: Central
- North West & Central: North West
- North West & Central: West Coast Mainline South
- Southern: Kent
- Southern: Network Rail High Speed
- Southern: Sussex
- Southern: Wessex
- Wales & Western: Wales & Borders
- Wales & Western: Western
Southern: Wessex news
14th century cave and drawings discovered during landslip repair works near Guildford
- Cave believed to be dated from the 14th century
- Considered to be a later medieval shrine or hermitage.
- Thought to have associations with the nearby chapel of St Catherine
Over 260,000 tonnes of vital supplies carried by freight across the home counties during the Covid19 pandemic
The railway across Wessex, Kent and Sussex is carrying thousands of tonnes of goods by freight to support the economy and to keep supermarkets stocked up with essential supplies.
Preparatory works start this weekend marking the four-week countdown to Guildford Easter rail improvement works
• Network Rail to carry out biggest improvement work programme in the Guildford area for 40 years, from Friday 10 April to Sunday 19 April
• Preparatory works in the area will mean bus replacements on Sunday 15, 22 and 29 March.
• More than a mile of new track and new conductor rail to provide power to trains will be installed alongside 41 track circuits which tell signallers where trains are on the network
Salisbury and Romsey line expected to reopen at the end of March following landslip
- Landslip close to Salisbury closed the line between Salisbury and Romsey on 18 February
- Interim fix devised by engineers will enable the line to be reopened by the end of March
- Longer-term solution to rebuild the embankment will be delivered once local flooding subsides and heavy machinery can reach the area
Over 1,000 tonnes of tarmac laid to improve Fleet station car park
Network Rail has laid down 1,100 tonnes of new tarmac to completely re-surface Fleet station car park improving the facility for passengers.
Passengers advised to check before they travel following landslip between Salisbury and Dean
Engineers continue to assess the damage caused by a landslip between Salisbury and Dean on Tuesday afternoon, 18 February.
Passengers advised to check before they travel this weekend between Winchester to Southampton via Eastleigh
Passengers travelling between Winchester to Southampton via Eastleigh this weekend are advised to check before they travel due to emergency engineering works taking place.
Heart of Wessex line improvement update - 129-year-old bridge replaced
Engineers have worked around the clock over the last four days to replace the deck of a 129-year-old bridge, as part of a series of improvements on the Heart of Wessex line between Weymouth and Yeovil Pen Mill.
Results 121 - 128 out of 610